We are proud to announce that Sberbank, Russia’s largest bank serving over 110 million customers, has launched their new digital platform based on Backbase technology. As part of the project, Sberbank migrated 83 websites into one single customer experience.
“The new platform makes the interaction with the site for our customers much more convenient,” says Nikita Volkov, Senior Vice President of Sberbank. “And by providing personalized offers that may interest users, we can improve the efficiency of our digital cross- and up-sell campaigns.”
The project to revamp Sberbank.com started in summer 2014 and was ready for testing in December that year. Since going live, the online results grew by 3.5, not a small number given that Sberbank ranks as the 15th largest website in Russia based on traffic.
This increase in performance is mostly due to the fact that since the introduction of Backbase CXP, the marketing and business teams at Sberbank can now control their online marketing and online sales campaigns directly, without the need for IT support, being directly in control over their own digital strategy and increasing the time-to-market of new products, services and promotions.
- Sberbank has 110+ million customers
- 70% of the Russian population banks with Sberbank
- Active in 22 countries
- 3rd largest bank in Europe
- Merged 83 siloed websites/platforms into one customer experience platform based on Backbase CXP
- Will roll-out Backbase as their new omni-channel delivery platform (marketing site, internet banking, tablet/mobile banking, kiosks/ATM, social)
- After launch, Sberbank increased online sales performance 3.5 times by utilizing Backbase’s targeting and campaign tools, now available to Sberbanks business team, without IT dependency.