Account Director - Germany
As an Account Director you will drive new business sales. This is a high-profile role that requires an individual with superb energy and passion for new business acquisitions. The role is all about value selling at C-Level. Are you that person? Are you ready to impact an industry that is on the move?
What you'll do
Backbase provides a compelling opportunity for talented sales (hunter) professionals to work with prospects in various regions around the world. We are looking for senior sales professionals that are ready to play in the champions league and work with leading banks around the world, closing 1+ Million dollar deals. Backbase has an innovative, team-oriented, can-do culture. We offer a flexible, informal and fast-paced working environment, enabling you to travel/see the world and empower you to grow as a sales professional.
As an Account Director, you carry your own sales quota within one of our regional sales teams. You report to the Regional Sales Vice President and will be responsible for developing and converting new opportunities into successful and happy customers. You closely collaborate with Inside Sales Representatives and our Solutions Engineering consultants, as well as the professional services organization. This role will involve working in close cooperation with sales counterparts from our partner base in the region to identify and qualify new regional sales opportunities and manage the pipeline.
Day-to-day you will maintain the relationship between Backbase and prospects throughout the buying cycle while working closely together with our value consultants to build business cases and value stories, but also with our pre-sales experts on RFPs, deep dives, pitches and POCs. You will develop active partner relationships in the region that result in new software business and facilitate alignment between partners and the Backbase sales team in order to target account nomination, opportunity planning to drive joint license and service wins.
Who you are
● You are a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit who loves taking on a problem and attacking it head-on;
● You are an intelligent individual with high self-awareness and appreciation for the “bigger picture”;
● You are a driven and competitive mind with a strong desire to succeed;
● You are a pure character who embodies craftsmanship and has a passion towards technology like no other;
● You are a colleague who believes in the power of being stronger together.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
● A solid track record of 10+ years in a relevant quota-carrying role within enterprise or SaaS software sales with a focus on new business;
● A proven track record of achieving and exceeding set sales targets: a “closer”;
● Ability to develop strong relationships quickly and to communicate effectively at all levels of
● prospect organizations including C-level, with partners and internally across the business;
● You are digital-minded and tech-savvy and have a great understanding of the business value of digital and omnichannel customer interactions.
● Demonstrated ability to articulate the business value of complex enterprise technology;
● Experience in leading and presenting to c-level executives and becoming the trusted advisor;
Availability to travel (30%-50%)
● Exceptional organization, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written. (English)
● You have solid industry experience and relevant work experience in (or selling to) the financial services industry
At Backbase, we want to make sure that our employees always feel their best while at work. Explore the benefits and perks that help us create a work environment that’s productive, enriching, and fun.
Our hybrid model gives you more flexibility to get work done where you do it best – whether it’s from home or from our flexible office spaces worldwide.
Ergonomic home office
We’ve got your back (quite literally) with ergonomic furniture for happier, comfier, and more productive work days at home.
Feel your best with initiatives that promote physical and mental well-being, from Headspace premium to quarterly Wellness Days.
Training & development
Challenge yourself and learn new technical or soft skills with a training budget for your growth and personal development.
Meet and mingle with your colleagues at our celebrations, social gatherings, and team-building activities, held year-round.
Join our employee-led activities. Connect with people with similar interests and contribute to shaping our dynamic culture.