As Business Analyst in our 'Retail Banking' value stream you will redefine and launch the future of retail payments with extensive product discovery to critical requirements analysis.
What you'll do
As a Business Analyst working for the Mobile & Web Banking product teams, you are responsible for the definition and delivery of functional requirements, of our products.The BA will work closely with the Product Owner who is responsible for the prioritisation of the backlog and acts as the voice of customers.
Your task is to find a balance between customer demand, market opportunities and technical innovations, and convert this balance into user stories that can be designed and developed by UX designers and software engineers working in your team. After development, you will make sure the resulting products meet the requirements you have defined.
You will be working very closely with external stakeholders (e.g., customers and system integrators) and internal stakeholders (e.g., sales and our consultants) to collect data allowing you to objectively decide if requested functionality should make it into our products. Your team consists of highly skilled colleagues, including software engineers, UX designers, QA engineers and a product owner. Together with this team, you are responsible for delivering components that accelerate the development of mobile & web banking apps for banks of all sizes, spread across the world.
As a Business Analyst, you will be joining our BA guild and also BA chapter in retail banking, a group of motivated business analysts within Backbase, sharing their experiences and passion for their work, helping each other to grow and improve their way of working.
Who you are
Do you think you would be a great addition to the Retail Banking team; bringing your creativity, passion and experience with you? Then please note the requirements below.
● You are passionate about working on digital banking products that make people happy;
● You are familiar with APIs, and can talk comfortably from a functional perspective;
● You are used to working and communicating as part of a high-performing Agile team;
● You can translate customer opportunities and pain points into detailed product requirements and have the communication and execution skills to deliver quality output with your team;
● You can switch between communication styles between technical and business-oriented audiences;
● You're a self-starter, you can take initiative without waiting for direction.
And also, preferably, one of the following:
● You are a digital native with a thorough understanding of the banking domain and able to articulate it;
● You have a minimum of 2-5 years of professional experience analyzing, capturing and structuring software product requirements.
● Working experience in payments domain is an advantage
● A goal to work in the fintech space, and bonus points if you already have experience here;
Please note that for this role we are only open to candidates currently based in the Netherlands (incl HSM visa holders, dependents, European and local citizens)
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.