Senior Product Owner - Payments
Senior Product Owner - Payments
Drive the future of payments in one of our most complex products, Business Banking. You’ll oversee 3 cross-functional squads and take end to end ownership over final deliverables for mobile and web payments to millions of end customers.
What you'll do
As Product Owner at Backbase, you’ll own payments capabilities in our omnichannel Business Banking platform. From end to end, you get to manage your set of features through the complete product life cycle: from defining new requirements and user stories to creating the first prototype, to launching the new features with real customers in production.
By believing in a Lean startup approach to product development, you’ll stay focused on a constant cycle of feedback and aim to bring the most value to our customers with minimal effort. You strive to help your team members in doing their best work and are empowered by new ideas and creativity.
You might also find yourself:
● Engaging with potential and existing customers to help drive product growth
● Running your squad your way, introducing new initiatives to drive performance
● Working closely with our Product Manager on defining the roadmap
● Creating clear epics and user stories that help our dev teams create user centered experiences
● Organizing squad celebration events because who doesn’t like to celebrate achievements
● Translating customer opportunities and pain points into detailed product requirements.
Still here? Good! We are glad you know what it means to solve complex, functional and analytical problems, and that you have our customer top of mind. Please apply and we’re looking forward to meeting you
Who you are
Looking for a journey instead of a job? Then let’s talk! We are THE pioneers in banking tech. We see opportunities and take the leap. Having the guts to push limits and break barriers to make things happen. We learn and reinvent ourselves for maximum impact, never giving up. We are creators, with a customer-centric mindset that love what they do and bring fun to any challenge. Together we kick ass, have fun and feel proud when our vision is delivered. Next day - we wake up and raise the bar a little higher. Are you ready?
Our payments squads sit at the core of our business banking solution. We’re looking for a PO that really knows what they’re doing and will lead Backbase forward to develop the future of payments. To take this role to infinity and beyond you’ll need to:
If the below sounds like you, then lets get the ball rolling:
● Be a subject matter expert in the payments and/or banking domain backed by a track record of innovative banking features and solutions.
● Have worked with multiple development teams who take end to end ownership.
● Familiar with Agile/Lean product development practices, have experience in working with teams using Scrum;
● Have a strong eagle eye view and be able to focus on our customers and their wants and needs.
● you always keep a strict eye on data, deadlines, trends, and forecasts;
● Love leading the pack and guiding them to the light. Issues don’t block you – you either fix them or find a workaround;
● Have proven experience in a client-facing role, we expect you to be able to anticipate and negotiate new or changing requirements;
● Know when it’s time to unleash and grab a beer with your colleagues;
● Commit to short to medium term plans while looking at the long term vision for payments capabilities.
● Drive, motivate and celebrate your wins. Overall you are a social person with great communication skills.
(please note that we are currently only able to proceed with candidates based in the Netherlands)
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.