Lead DevOps Engineer
Lead DevOps Engineer
We’re looking for someone to lead our systems engineering team. You’ll be responsible for setting the ideal CI & CD target state and executing a roadmap with your team that moves the organisation towards that target state. You balance deep technical and domain skills with leadership experience.
What you'll do
As the team lead for the systems engineering team, you’ll be expected to develop the CI & CD vision (in collaboration with technical leadership) and execute against that vision with your team. Seven product teams will use the infrastructure owned by your team to develop, test and deploy their components. Your team will also be integral during the release cycles, where all the components need to be integrated and tested before being released. The expectation is that your team incrementally improves the release process towards the CI & CD target state.
Alongside executing your roadmap, your team is also expected to represent the broader infrastructure community in Backbase. This means coordinating cross-organisational initiatives and communicating the status of infrastructure incidents to the organisation.
Adopting the goal of “teaching a man to fish”, your team will also work towards enabling the seven product teams to be self-sufficient by documenting processes and running trainings, workshops and coaching sessions.
You will also coach your team to adopt a customer service mentality and to support the product teams as needed.
Who you are
● You are a leader by example who takes pride in delivering high-quality software according to plan;
● You have a strong desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you have a lot of responsibilities and see the immediate impact of your efforts;
● You have experience leading a systems engineering team
● You know your way around Linux/Unix systems
● You are experienced with the following tools and technologies: Maven, npm, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, kubectl, Helm, Bash scripting, Groovy
● You have hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure and containerisation technologies like Azure, AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes.
● You have some affinity with our product tech stack: Java Spring Boot, Angular, the mainstream relational databases
● You’ve delivered cross-organisational projects with multiple stakeholders
● You’re obsessed with automating everything that can be automated
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.