Principal Frontend Engineer
Principal Frontend Engineer
Build THE platform that drives banks to better engage with their customers through user centered experience using the latest technologies for scale.
What you'll do
At Backbase you'll be joining one of our multicultural, multi-disciplined teams to shape and build our new information portal - used by all Backbasers, customers and partners. Our internal product suite is rapidly growing and evolving with an ambitious roadmap for 2023/24. That’s why we’re looking for a Senior/Principal Front-end developer with experience in – or an interest in – growing into Full-stack development.
With these tools, you will empower developers and their agile teams to fully utilise the potential of the Backbase Engagement Banking Platform. As a Senior Frontend Engineer you'll be using Angular and TypeScript to architect the best web interfaces, administration panels, and omni-channel user experiences.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
● Build clean, testable, and maintainable code that is cross-browser compatible;
● Be part of a multidisciplinary team that is end-to-end responsible for analysis, design, implementation and delivery of production-ready software;
● Own and build out key frontend components, features and architecture within the Backbase frontend;
● (unit) Test, test, test and test to make sure our components are secure, safe and user friendly;
● Re-architect our platform and create the strategy to drive it’s growth and adoption;
● Coach and mentoring mid and junior level Frontenders;
● Collaborate and present to the frontend guild of 200+ to stay on top of new tech, tools and workshop how to implement them with us;
Who you are
FinTech is one of the trends that is here to stay. This is a great opportunity for you to jump in by developing at the heart of the banking experience. Our R&D Product teams are at the center of a global transformation, creating interfaces that impact the banking experiences for more than 100 million people on a daily basis. We use goal-driven design methodology and collaboration across the Backbase Frontend community to drive efficient development practices and ways of working.
If you're up for pushing the boundaries of our domain, enriching user centred services and redefining what it means to be a bank, then this is the job for you! We're building things that haven't been built before, improving features that are not just nice to haves, but needs to have in modern day financial services - all while enjoying a steady work life balance.
● You have strong Angular (we use Angular 11) and Typescript skills, familiarity with React is a plus;
● You have worked with RxJS and understand design patterns;
● You have experience with NodeJS ;
● Having experience with Node and npm, and the Angular CLI would be an advantage too in building toolchains;
● Having experience with unit testing frameworks like Jest or Jasmine is a plus
● You commonly use Webpack in your projects;
● You know the ins- and outs- of effective CI and CD (e.g builds, pipelines, branching strategy) processes in a modular, decomposed architecture
● Having hands-on experience with build systems like Jenkins is a plus
● You have experience in working with Docker & Kubernetes and Linux
● You are self-driven and comfortable in small, collaborative teams
● You are able to communicate implementation scenarios, risks and implications to discuss together with your team
● You enjoy mentoring and guiding other developers
Extra Nice to have:
● Shell scripting experience
● Experience with GraphQL/Apollo
● Experience with third-party search indexing services, for example with Algolia or Elastic
(please note that we are currently only able to proceed with candidates who are currently based in the Netherlands)
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.