Senior Backend Developer
Impact millions with your beautiful code and help shape the future of banking.
What you'll do
You are much more than a developer at Backbase: you are a pioneer, a mentor, an expert, and a guardian. Being one of our Senior Java Developers we expect you to create your own vision and initiate improvements. Every day you contribute to developing and maintaining the cutting-edge Backbase platform. You are the owner of the components you’ll be working on, dedicating yourself to making the product faster, more stable and more adaptable. You will try new technologies such as fingerprint authentication and retina scan recognition.
We love maintainable code. We’re building a product that’s expanding, and we’re not even halfway yet. You want your code to last for many years to come. Millions of people around the world rely on the products we create at Backbase for their daily banking activities. Hundreds of financial institutions use the Backbase platform. We got here by delivering an exquisite digital platform and staying true to ourselves. At Backbase we work Agile and change is constant.
Upon joining us, you will:
● Build new integrations of our Customer Service product with various CRM systems via Twilio SDKs.
● Help to scale out our Real Time Communications features using your Java/Spring Boot experience.
● Work with talented colleagues across the world who build our other products, including: Identity, Accounts, Wealth, Pockets, Messaging and Audit.
● Need a deep understanding of server side Java development, and strong experience with creating scalable, high transaction systems.
● Be an advocate of knowledge sharing via code reviews, pair programming and training workshops
● Be comfortable working within mature Kanban agile and product planning processes.
Who you are
● You have 5+ years of experience as a Backend Developer,
● Your background speaks for itself; you have solid experience working in enterprise projects;
● We need your experience within a product organization as this is our core;
● We are a global company and fluency in English will help you succeed;
● We are looking forward to learning about your additional skills, for example Java 8, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Rest APIs, Microservices, design patterns and TDD.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Option to take up private health insurance for you and your family members.
Pension scheme with a 4.5% contribution matched by Backbase.
Specific budget for your personal development.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.