Principal Backend Engineer
Principal Backend Engineer
Get it done: liaise closely with our customers’ developers, write code and make successful Backbase implementations happen.
What you'll do
As a Principal Backend Engineer, you help the organisation to ensure the technical vision is known and implemented in development activities. You help prototyping and validating new architecture and technology ideas, ways of working, efficiency gains and refactoring initiatives. You work across departments, foster collaboration, and are the face of our product vision and success, both internally and externally. You also interact with teams from pre-sales and Customer Success to ensure technology feedback from customers and field engineers is incorporated. You provide advice based on experience and deep technical understanding of software development, practices and frameworks. You lead by example, radiate our way of working and our path to success. You take on the expert role in all topics related to Backend.
Backbase provides a modern software solution developed in the microservices architecture, ensuring financial institutions can build on the top of cutting-edge technology. As such, many modern principles have been adopted such as continuous integration and delivery. We have also adopted Agile practices that contribute to rapid delivery, with decisions being driven out of the team with autonomy rather than top down.
The underlying technology runs on the best of breed technology available today such as Spring Boot, coupled with our own in-house libraries to ensure consistent delivery to a highly regulated banking market. Our technology drives solutions in a variety of ways for customers, from Cloud-native, globally scaled deployments to on-premise managed application servers, demanding smart thinking and innovative solutions from our people.
Who you are
Your goal is to seamlessly integrate the Backbase platform into our customers’ systems and lead/manage our team of BE engineers. During projects, you take on the expert role for anything related to the backend and bring home components that can be reused or developed further.
● You have a solid background in software development, design and architectural patterns;
● You are able to communicate clearly and confidently across all levels to get buy-ins from technical stakeholders as well as from your team members;
● Your experience in the banking domain or Fintech products will be considered an advantage;
● You have excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written;
● You have experience with Java, Spring, Maven, Docker, CI and CD;
● You have strong experience with microservices;
● You are experienced in Cloud-native deployments (AWS, Azure, OpenShift, Kubernetes) and traditional application servers (Tomcat);
● You are knowledgeable of relational databases (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL);
● You have good understanding of non-functionals such as security, performance, scalability, etc.;
● You have a good understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns;
● You know what "perfection" looks like in a given context and you can formulate a plan to achieve the desired state;
● You have experience as a technical leader and line manager.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Specific budget for your personal development.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up