Senior Account Executive Benelux
As a Senior Account Executive Benelux you will drive new business sales. This is a high-profile role that requires an individual with superb energy and passion for new business acquisitions. The role is all about value selling at C-Level. Are you that person? Are you ready to impact an industry that is on the move?
What you'll do
Backbase provides a compelling opportunity for talented sales (hunter) professionals to work with prospects in various regions around the world. We are looking for senior sales professionals that are ready to play in the champions league and work with leading banks around the world, closing 1+ Million dollar deals. Backbase has an innovative, team-oriented, can-do culture. We offer a flexible, informal and fast-paced working environment, enabling you to travel/see the world and empower you to grow as a sales professional.
As a Senior Account Executive, you carry your own sales quota within one of our regional sales teams. You report to the Regional Sales Vice President and will be responsible for developing and converting new opportunities into successful and happy customers. You closely collaborate with Inside Sales Representatives and our Solutions Engineering consultants, as well as the professional services organization. This role will involve working in close cooperation with sales counterparts from our partner base in the region to identify and qualify new regional sales opportunities and manage the pipeline.
Day-to-day you will maintain the relationship between Backbase and prospects throughout the buying cycle while working closely together with our value consultants to build business cases and value stories, but also with our pre-sales experts on RFPs, deep dives, pitches and POCs. You will develop active partner relationships in the region that result in new software business and facilitate alignment between partners and the Backbase sales team in order to target account nomination, opportunity planning to drive joint license and service wins.
Who you are
● You are a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit who loves taking on a problem and attacking it head-on;
● You are an intelligent individual with high self-awareness and appreciation for the “bigger picture”;
● You are a driven and competitive mind with a strong desire to succeed;
● You are a pure character who embodies craftsmanship and has a passion towards technology like no other;
● You are a colleague who believes in the power of being stronger together.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
● A solid track record of 10+ years in a relevant quota-carrying role within enterprise or SaaS software sales with a focus on new business;
● A proven track record of achieving and exceeding set sales targets: a “closer”;
● Ability to develop strong relationships quickly and to communicate effectively at all levels of
● prospect organizations including C-level, with partners and internally across the business;
● You are digital-minded and tech-savvy and have a great understanding of the business value of digital and omnichannel customer interactions.
● Demonstrated ability to articulate the business value of complex enterprise technology;
● Experience in leading and presenting to c-level executives and becoming the trusted advisor;
Availability to travel (30%-50%)
● Exceptional organization, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written. (English)
● You have solid industry experience and relevant work experience in (or selling to) the financial services industry
Join our team at Backbase, one of the LinkedIn Top Companies of 2023 in the Netherlands! We're known for our great work environment and providing opportunities for career growth. We’re also committed to fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and growth. As a member of our team, you'll have the chance to work with some of the brightest and most talented people in the industry, as well as help shape the future of digital banking. Come join us and be part of something special.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.