Lead Principal UX Designer for Business Banking
At Backbase, we believe that financial institutions must become a one-stop shop for businesses. We believe they have to focus on helping the business owner run and grow their business daily across all their jobs to be done. We are looking for a lead principal UX designer to drive the direction of our category-defining engagement banking platform
What you'll do
As a Lead Principal UX designer, you and your team are responsible for understanding the needs of our business banking customers and the businesses they serve, and defining experiences that enable them to deliver great banking services to help their customers make better business decisions, across the lifecycle of their business.
● Lead the design function for Business Banking, from start to end.
● Represent the design function within the product and R&D leadership team
● Validate and substantiate the work and ideas of your team, and yourself, and translate them into clear solutions
● Ensure functional alignment with other product teams.
● Own the delivery of high-quality design assets of your team (based on the BB design standards and design system)
● Push boundaries of product & visual execution and try out new ideas (and fail) regularly. You have a strong ability to dream big and ship small
● Present your work effectively and communicate design choices and value to other designers, as well as stakeholders
● Aim for high transparency, inviting and welcoming feedback and demonstrating an open attitude for collaboration
● Act as a mentor for the designers in your team
Who you are
● Highly skilled in developing SaaS product experiences (B2B experience is a plus)
● Expert knowledge of the financial industries, preferably Business Banking or the Small to Medium-Sized business segment (SME).
● You are curious to try new solutions to problems, you’re open to different perspectives and you have a well-developed self-awareness
● Master the design process and design thinking methods
● Ability to design for both web and mobile touchpoints
● You’re not afraid to speak up or voice potentially controversial ideas that you think are important for our users
● A good understanding of and experience with Figma and design systems.
● Ability to independently generate pixel-perfect production assets with superb attention to detail
● Ability to coach, mentor and lead others on their design skills and deliverables
● Ability to work well on an egoless, highly collaborative, and cross-functional tea
● Experience with working in a matrix environment managing multiple stakeholders
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.