Senior Accounting Officer
Senior Accounting Officer
Backbase has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Finance professional. This role will be a great opportunity for a young professional who wants to further his career on General Accounting and Control. This job will provide a challenging environment with a lot of learning opportunities and exposure to all levels of the organization.
You will report to the Accounting Operations Manager and work closely with the Tax Director, External tax advisors and consultants, Accounting (AP,AR,GL) and Business controlling teams.
What you'll do
● Responsible for the country’s entire period-end processes:
● On time processing of invoices;
● Managing the entity’s Accounts receivables;
● Post necessary journal entries;
● Close the entity’s books in an accurate and timely manner;
● Finalize the entities Financial Statements for external reporting;
● Responsible in liaising with internal and external parties to ensure timely and accurate filling of tax related requirements;
● Preparing TDS workings, tax provisioning and income tax calculations, deferred taxes, VAT workings, and reconciliation along with the deposit of other statutory dues;
● Create monthly checks and analyses on financial data to ensure accuracy and to translate them into meaningful and useful information;
● Work closely with the Senior Accounting Officer for Poland in implementing new or updating current Policies, Guidelines or Reporting standards to the Polish books;
● Responsible in ensuring that the entity books are aligned with both Dutch GAAP (later on with IFRS) and Polish GAAP in Netsuite;
● Create analyses to ascertain the quality of Financial Reporting.
Who you are
● You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting and is a CPA (or its equivalent);
● Any additional educational courses or qualifications are a plus;
● You have a minimum of 5 years experience in accounting and financial analysis and preferably with Netsuite or similar systems;
● The required competencies are proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly in Excel);
● Excellent numerical and analytical skills, being able to work in a structured way;
● Excellent communication skills in English and Polish, both verbal and written;
● You can work form the office in Kraków at least once a week.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Private health insurance for you and your family members.
Specific budget for your personal development.
Access to the premium Headspace app.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.