Senior Solutions Engineer
Senior Solutions Engineer
As a Solutions Engineer in the Solutions Engineering team, it is your core responsibility, to design the prospect’s end-state solution based on Backbase software. It’s a combination of educating, designing and evangelizing. You will be empowered by a strong global team of specialists.
What you'll do
As a Senior Solutions Engineer in the Solutions Engineering team, it’s your goal to design the prospect’s end-state solution together with the prospect. By having a solid understanding of the prospect’s challenges and value to be realised you propose the right solution. You will be part of the Solutions Engineering team (Sales) and the larger Solutions Group in which you will fulfill a leading role only gained by excellent performance. Talking technical details while linking them to business outcomes, you comfortably translate requirements into distinguished solutions.
Whether you talk to the board of directors, department heads or engineering teams, you turn every red light green. You love to travel and stay abroad. We work on a global scale, so if you don’t already own a platinum flying card, you will within a year.
You will join prospects in their exploration of Backbase products, that will help them to achieve their digital ambitions. As an all-round expert on digital transformations, you navigate through the full sales cycle, from doing technology deep dives and leading proof of concepts, to leading workshops and generating feedback. Your performance blows each prospect off its feet. And we do need a little extra more.
When we mention a getting-things-done mentality, you immediately recognize yourself. Not only do you feel comfortable talking business, you’re also a congenial companion during coffee breaks. And let’s not forget your organizing skills. Those skills, by the way, also come in handy when planning leisure time, because if we send you to the other end of the world and overload you with work, we do understand that you might want to loosen up afterward and explore the surroundings.
You will share your time between Italy and the EMEA region. You will join a highly motivated global team with like-minded people that are spread across the globe. Currently our team is spread across Amsterdam, London, Dubai, Atlanta, Boise, Toronto, Singapore and Sydney.
Who you are
• You have 8+ years of work experience as a (digital) banking consultant for a leading vendor in the business. Banking, payments, tech or SaaS experience is a plus. However, a can-do mentality is of more importance than many years of the perfect experience;
• You are smart, digital savvy and act as an entrepreneur. A true team player with a sense of humor, hands-on and self-motivated, able to drive progress and hit deadlines;
•You are a well-rounded and experienced consultant with superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills;
• You enjoy teaching new concepts and industry insights to customers and colleagues;
• You know like nobody else how high the “bar” is for a great and impactful sales cycle and respective deliverables;
• You have strong interpersonal and communication skills that will ensure successful customer engagements and collaboration across multiple teams, cultures and timezones;
•You have excellent English and Italian speaking, writing and presentation skills, as well as a strong ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others;
• We won’t have to tell you anything about enterprise software architectures or mobile and web technologies. Your expert knowledge is up to date;
• You’re not afraid of the following technologies: Java, Spring, Angular, iOS, Android and Kubernetes.