(RD) Android Engineer
(RD) Android Engineer
Join our R&D department to develop, scale, and deploy our engagement banking software to 150+ financial institutions worldwide and have a direct impact on the daily banking of 120+ million end users.
What you'll do
At Backbase, we build future-proof banking products to create user-centric banking journeys. Join our R&D department to develop, scale, and deploy our SDKs and libraries for the FinTech domain.
You get to build products and features for our Retail Banking solution that helps banks and credit unions provide their customers and employees with the ultimate user-centric experience. Our Retail Banking Apps transform banks’ end-to-end customer journeys and consist of features such as Payments & Transactions, Savings Pockets, Virtual Cards, and Persona-based Apps such as the Kids App.
Your future at Backbase:
● Building and scaling SDKs and libraries that will be implemented into our Retail Banking solution
● Write clean maintainable code to create scalable and innovative features you think users will love
● Using Native Android frameworks and cutting edge technologies such as Kotlin Coroutines and Jetpack Compose
● Automate testing while working closely with QAs to achieve an 80% minimum unit test coverage
● Work with Agile and Scrum in a cross functional mobile squad
● Join daily stand ups, team events, and workshops and be a part of our mobile guild consisting of 70+ mobile engineers to continuously grow your knowledge
● Work hybrid; we trust you to choose how and where you work best
Who you are
You want to build SDKs and libraries for the FinTech domain that will create future-proof mobile banking journeys.
How to get the job done:
● Coding in Kotlin is your second nature and you believe writing clean maintainable code is the only way to go
● Have hands on experience with clean architecture patterns such as MVVM
● Understanding of proper code documentation, automation and knowledge about the modern software development life cycle
● Experience building libraries that are used by other developers and understanding best practices in this domain
● A love of new technologies, and a desire to always learn and improve your skills
● You’re currently located in the Netherlands
Join our team at Backbase, one of the LinkedIn Top Companies of 2023 in the Netherlands! We're known for our great work environment and providing opportunities for career growth. We’re also committed to fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and growth. As a member of our team, you'll have the chance to work with some of the brightest and most talented people in the industry, as well as help shape the future of digital banking. Come join us and be part of something special.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.