Backend Engineer - R&D
To develop and deliver a production-ready banking platform across all verticals, therefore, being full stack is a big plus.
What you'll do
This role is part of a Backbase product team in R&D. It is a multidisciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled UX designers, software developers, QA engineers, and technical writers. As part of the team, you will contribute to new and existing functionalities, proof of concepts, and technical improvements that will be implemented in the Digital Banking Platform. Your autonomous team is responsible for the entire software development life cycle for the digital banking product suite: from idea to release. We work in Scrum in order to deliver new product increments through short cadences by closely cooperating with other departments as well as customers. You are expected to take ownership of what you build and proactively collaborate with architects, QA engineers and other team members to ensure implementation is done according to our technical vision and best practices.
Backbase provides a modern software solution developed in microservices architecture, ensuring financial institutions can build on the top of cutting-edge technology. As such, many modern principles have been adopted such as continuous integration and delivery. We have also adopted Agile practices that contribute to rapid delivery, with decisions being driven out of the team with autonomy rather than top down.
The underlying technology runs on the best of breed technology available today such as Spring Boot, Netflix OSS, coupled with our own in-house libraries to ensure consistent delivery to a highly regulated banking market. Our technology drives solutions in a variety of ways for customers, from cloud native, globally scaled deployments to on-premise managed application servers, demanding smart thinking and innovative solutions from our people.
Who you are
● You have a solid background in software development including design;
● You are able to communicate clearly and confidently across all levels to get buy-ins from technical stakeholders as well as from your team members;
● Experience in the banking domain or Fintech products will be considered an advantage;
● You have excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written;
● You have experience with Java, Spring, Maven, CI and CD;
● You have experience with microservices (Netflix OSS is a plus);
● Cloud and traditional application servers (WebSphere, JBoss, …);
● Knowledgeable of relational databases;
● You have experience with non-functionals such as security, performance, scalability etc.;
● Being a Full Stack developer is a huge advantage;
● You have a solid understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Specific budget for your personal development.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up