As a Domain Architect, you own the end-to-end architecture and technical design for a specific set of Backbase features in the employee domain. As part of your role, you will work with a range of stakeholders - spanning engineering and product - to design and continuously enhance the current and future product features and supporting architecture. Your primary objective is to help product owners and engineers in the product teams translate functional and non-functional requirements into a software product, accountable for its technical design, supporting the implementation, testing, and delivery. You will also help shape product roadmaps which are typically created by product managers and the product director.
You will be responsible for your products’ security, reliability, performance, maintainability, and integration. You will also support the squads in selecting the necessary tools and technologies and lobbying support for new ones where required from the relevant technical directors and architecture. You will play a technical leadership role for cross-functional teams in the context of solution designs they are driving in the squads and across squads.
What you'll do
You'll be accountable for executing on the technical vision of the banking-employee domain on top of the evolving Backbase platform. You will be working with fellow Architects in other domains such as Retail Banking, Business Banking, Identity etc. to define how we create and evolve the employee products. You will also collaborate with product stakeholders to influence prioritization in a product-led manner.
You will spend time with our internal and external project implement teams to understand their technical challenges, gathering insights into how to solve problems and improve product performance. As the technical design leader, you help translate customer opportunities and pain points into detailed product requirements to enable designs and proof of concepts.
Who you are
● You have demonstrable experience designing and building enterprise- grade solutions; SOA, RESTful Microservices, Cloud-native;
Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Dynamics or PowerPlatform are of advantage
● You have working experience with Web Application Servers - know complex configuration of different application servers and deployment strategies;
● You have working experience with database technologies - have experience with different types of SQL and NOSQL databases and their respective deployment strategies;
● You have working experience with integration technologies - have experience with different types of sync and async integration technologies and their respective deployment strategies;
You are effective at empowering the teams that you lead, providing requirements, constraints, and coaching while holding them accountable for quality and scope;
Design and implementation experience of customer support services is an advantage
● You drive technology innovation and refactoring initiatives. People turn to you for advice based on your sound experience and deep technical understanding of software development, practices and frameworks;
● Keeping the overall picture isn’t a problem for you;
● You are precise and keep a strict eye on data and deadlines;
● You are experienced in providing high-level estimations for the entire project or for an MVP of a new product;
● You’re comfortable leading the pack. Issues don’t block you – you tackle these head-on and find an acceptable resolution;
● You lead the charge on continual improvement of production-readiness, educating teams about tools and techniques to ensure that the product runs smoothly, securely and in a way that offers insight into the systems’ health;
● While it's a plus if you have proven experience in a client-facing role and are comfortable leading conversations with customers, it's particularly advantageous if you can anticipate and negotiate new or changing requirements.
A Cloud-native, Microservices Architecture underpins our Backend services and exposes our RESTful APIs. Our containerised applications are managed by Kubernetes on our Backbase-as-a-Service cloud offering, or at our customers’ private Cloud.
We are big adopters of open-source frameworks and libraries. When suitable, we choose to use and contribute to open-source applications and platforms to get to value quicker and leverage the community expertise. On the web we are running Angular and we deliver iOS and Android applications and components.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Option to take up private health insurance for you and your family members.
Pension scheme with a 4.5% contribution matched by Backbase.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.