Backbase is a fast growing fintech software provider that empowers financial institutions to accelerate their digital transformation and effectively compete in a digital-first world. We have an innovative, team-oriented, can-do culture. We offer a flexible, informal and fast-paced working environment, enabling you to grow as a professional. Our growth brings new opportunities and challenges, that’s why we are looking for a Revenue Controller.
What you'll do
As a Revenue Controller, you are responsible for the recording and reporting of all global revenue streams. You strategically drive our revenue recognition policy to execution and translate the contracts into revenue and billing. You are responsible for the determination of all revenue recognition methods in both systems and processes.
Additionally, you perform pre/post-closing journal entries, including reconciliations in the general ledger. You run accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close for the entities and prepare global monthly consolidation ensuring elimination and reconciliation of inter-company balances. It is your responsibility to drive continuous system and process improvements with close cooperation with global colleagues. Day-to-day, you have a close relationship with Sales, Legal and the AR team to ensure timely and correct billing to customers.
Who you are
You are an experienced controller with an hands-on approach, and you can demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Some details:
● Bachelor, preferably Master, degree in Accounting or accounting related field
● CPA or similar qualification
● You have 6+ years of relevant job experience;
● Good understanding of R2R processes;
● Good understanding of revenue recognition;
● Good understanding of intercompany revenue and COGS;
● Fluent in English, written and spoken;
● Experience with ERP systems, preferably NetSuite;
● IT savviness; understanding the digital opportunities for your activities to increase efficiency;
● Comfortable in a fluid environment that changes as the business evolves;
● Capable of resourceful problem solving, while remaining customer-focused;
● Ability to change complex problems with large amounts of data into simple arguments;
● Positive attitude, highly energetic, collaborative team player.
Join our team at Backbase, one of the LinkedIn Top Companies of 2023 in the Netherlands! We're known for our great work environment and providing opportunities for career growth. We’re also committed to fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and growth. As a member of our team, you'll have the chance to work with some of the brightest and most talented people in the industry, as well as help shape the future of digital banking. Come join us and be part of something special.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.