Senior Solution Architect
Senior Solution Architect
As a Solutions Architect, it’s your job to be the face of Backbase expertise in banking technology. Interfacing with C-level executives and technology leaders from prospective banks, you help them see the path to success using Backbase’s industry-leading software in combination with their core systems and the rich landscape of Fintech offerings available to financial institutions.
To customers and partners, you are the expert liaison with a keen feel for their needs and an eye for creative solutions. Besides being a great technician, you are also a considerate companion who delivers remarkable results on a continuous basis. In this heavily client-facing role, you apply your deep expertise wherever it is needed, from technical workshops to board-level presentations. Having earned your stripes in designing modern, enterprise-scale architectures, you have no problem finding the scope in large-scale, complex projects.
What you'll do
As a Solutions Architect, it’s your goal to ensure that our end-state solution becomes a reality. You will be part of the development team in which you will fulfill a leading role only gained by excellent performance. Talking highly specific technical details as well as discussing general business outcomes, you comfortably translate requirements into a distinguished design. You dedicate yourself to security, deployment, performance, caching, sizing, scalability and serviceability.
You are equally comfortable in deep-dive technical workshops with prospects, customers, partners and in board-level sales presentations. Having earned your stripes in designing web-based architectures, you have no problem finding the scope in large-scale, complex projects.
To the development team, you are the vital mainstay during processes of implementation. To customers and partners, you are the expert liaison with a keen feel for their needs. So besides being a great technician, you are also a considerate companion who delivers remarkable results on a continuous basis.
You know our projects are to be delivered according to briefing, time and budget, but you also know our technicians need their space to build the solutions you’ve defined. By creating structure and clear explanations, you provide guidance and oversight to your team.
Also part of the job is creating technical architecture documentation; working with the QA lead to define the test strategy; leading DevOps to define and implement CI/CD pipelines; ensuring that implementations meet non-functional requirements.
Who you are
● Your knowledge of the Java platform exceeds our expectations;
● Experienced in Spring, Maven and Jenkins;
● You have at least 5 years of experience working with banking companies and projects;
● You have a demonstrable understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), as well as Micro-Services Architecture;
● When we ask you about architectural frameworks, you easily dig up your knowledge and best practices;
● You have professionally worked at least 5 years with Banking, Enterprise Integration Patterns and Frameworks;
● And let’s not forget your broad, operational knowledge of application servers, databases, load balancers and other infrastructure components required to deploy web applications in a highly available and scalable environment;
● Last but not least, you have excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Spanish.
We will be extra happy if you:
● Have created solutions for financial services (especially banking);
● Have experience with Portal/Web Content Management;
● Are familiar with architectural patterns, such as Microservices, CQRS, event sourcing;
● Have experience with server virtualization and containers technology such as Docker, VMWare, HyperV;
● Have professionally used Integration Platforms, API Gateway, etc.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Backbase covers you. With our company insurance, we make sure you and your family are safe and have access to different insurances.
Lunch tickets so you don’t have to worry about bringing your own food.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.