Principal Backend Engineer
Use your extensive experience and expertise to deliver a platform that enables our customers to build banks that people love.
What you'll do
As a Principal Backend Developer you will help define and execute the technical vision for the product. You will help with the prototyping and validation of new architectural and technological ideas, ways of working, efficiency gains and refactoring initiatives.You will help with the prototyping and validation of new architectural and technological ideas, ways of working, efficiency gains and refactoring initiatives. You'll work across departments, foster collaboration, and you'll be the face of our product vision and success internally and externally. You will also interact with teams from the Pre-Sales and Customer Success Departments to ensure technology feedback from customers and field engineers is incorporated. You will have advice based on experience and deep technical understanding of software development, practices and frameworks. You lead by example, radiate our way of working and our path to success. You will take on the expert role in all topics related to Backend.
This role is part of a highly skilled multidisciplinary product team in R&D. As part of the team, you will contribute to new and existing functionalities, proof of concepts, and technical improvements that will be implemented in our Digital Banking Platform.
Backbase provides a modern software solution developed in microservices architecture, ensuring financial institutions can build on the top of cutting-edge technology. As such, many modern principles have been adopted such as continuous integration and delivery. We have also adopted Agile practices that contribute to rapid delivery, with decisions being driven out of the team with autonomy rather than top down.
The underlying technology runs on the best of breed technology available today such as Spring Boot, coupled with our own in-house libraries to ensure consistent delivery to a highly regulated banking market. Our technology drives solutions in a variety of ways for customers, from Cloud-native, globally scaled deployments to on-premise managed application servers, demanding smart thinking and innovative solutions from our people.
Who you are
● You have a solid background in software development, design and architectural patterns;
● You are able to communicate clearly and confidently across all levels to get buy-ins from technical stakeholders as well as from your team members;
● Your experience in the banking domain or Fintech products will be considered an advantage;
● You have excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written;
● You have experience with Java, Spring, Maven, JPA, Hibernate, CI and CD;
● You have strong experience with microservices;
● You are experienced in Cloud-native deployments and traditional application servers (WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat);
● You are knowledgeable of relational databases (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL);
● You have good understanding of non-functionals such as security, performance, scalability, etc.;
● Being a Full-Stack developer is a huge advantage;
● You have a solid understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns;
● You know what "perfection" looks like in a given context and you can formulate a plan to achieve the desired state;
● You have experience as a technical leader.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Specific budget for your personal development.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up