The Business Analyst is part of the Customer Success (CS) team. CS is a team of highly motivated specialists with the specific skills and experience required to make sure that the implementation of our product at our customer’s location goes ahead as smoothly as possible. The CS team also provides product training and implementation support services to all of our customers and partners. Every project has its own set of unique challenges that must be overcome, and CS team members must be able to think and react quickly to find a solution that works for everyone.
Our CS consultants work closely with partners and customers all over the world. They have the professional and personal skills required to develop, teach, support, and lead teams towards successfully delivering our enterprise solution and achieving their goals.
As part of the larger CS team you will report directly to the Chapter Lead of the CS EMEA Hub
What you'll do
As a Business Analyst at Backbase you work closely with our customers and the Backbase UX design and Development team. You are responsible for analyzing, capturing and prioritizing the requirements for the new customer experience initiatives of our customers.
This is a crucial role within the Backbase CS team, because you are in the driver seat to help our customers realize their customer experience vision. You have to manage customer expectations and help them to translate their vision into a project backlog that can be implemented within time and budget. The job comes with great responsibility and offers the opportunity to work side by side with our customers worldwide and guide them successful implementations with the Backbase product.
The Business Analyst is expected to:
● Gather define and prioritize requirements of the project in close collaboration with the client;
● Run requirements definition workshops to help define customer’s Business requirements
● Write functional requirements using use case specifications or user stories;
● Perform business process gap analysis and manage requirement change;
● Act as "product owner" for the project to guide the team making the right choices to maximize project & customer success;
● Act as a trusted consultant to our clients and implementation partners
Who you are
You need to be an excellent communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels. Organizational and cultural sensitivity are a must.
Skills & knowledge:
● University education and degree (preferable business or IT related);
● Minimum of 5 years experience in a business analysis role preferably in digital banking
● Minimum of 5 years experience in a client facing position;
● Experienced in requirements management an/or process modeling;
● Knowledge of multiple development methodologies, e.g. SCRUM, RUP, Kanban, Waterfall;
● Excellent written and verbal skills in English;
● Perseverance and pragmatism to solve complex problems;
● Ability to work under pressure;
● Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment;
● Extreme flexibility about work location and willingness to travel abroad frequently, sometimes for long periods of time.
● Experience in Financial Services industry;
● Experienced with Digital Banking;
● Experienced in requirement management tools;
● Experienced in project management tools.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Our hybrid model gives you more flexibility to get work done where you do it best – whether it’s from home or from our flexible office spaces worldwide.
Ergonomic home office
We’ve got your back (quite literally) with ergonomic furniture for happier, comfier, and more productive work days at home.
Feel your best with initiatives that promote physical and mental well-being, from Headspace premium to quarterly Wellness Days.
Training & development
Challenge yourself and learn new technical or soft skills with a training budget for your growth and personal development.
Meet and mingle with your colleagues at our celebrations, social gatherings, and team-building activities, held year-round.
Join our employee-led activities. Connect with people with similar interests and contribute to shaping our dynamic culture.