At Backbase we are passionate about disrupting the banking industry. Together with the banking community eager to learn about the future of banking, our annual conference - Backbase ENGAGE - is a catalyst for innovation and inspiration. As the Global Event Manager, you will have a tremendous impact on the successful execution of our annual conference and how to scale our event program to meet our ambitious goals. In this role you will both lead the annual conference and our global event strategy to build an engaged ecosystem across the world. As part of the global marketing team, you will collaborate with local field marketing teams, the sales organization and senior leaders in the company to help you achieve your goals.
We are looking for a self-starting individual that will be both hands on and will focus on execution of our global event program. Our event program evolves around our annual conference which is a well-recognized event within the digital banking space. During this event, our ecosystem gets a chance to meet with the Backbase team and senior leaders, get inspired about the future of banking and network with peers.
What you'll do
● Own and execute the end-to-end planning of our annual conference Backbase ENGAGE. This will include the following responsibilities:
- Define the event strategy from concept to execution;
- Coordination with external vendors and internal stakeholders;
- Content creation before, during & post-event;
- Secure tooling and software for the event production;
- Ensure budget, performance and ROI are tracked, and supporting processes set up to effectively lead to successful outcomes.
● Define and execute the strategy for additional events complementing our annual conference (summits, webinar series) to keep our community engage throughout the year and build up momentum;
● Support with the logistics and production of global event initiatives such as Linkedin Live CxO series, webinars, local tradeshows, etc ;
● Initiate new event concept that can be replicated across territories to elevate the Backbase brand and drive business;
Create the blueprint and foundations to deliver consistent event experiences across regions in coordination with local field marketing teams.
Who you are
● You have 5+ years of experience organizing events ranging from user conferences to online events, roundtables, breakfast sessions, webinars;
● You have a can-do mentality. Flexible is your middle name and you’re able to act swiftly without giving in on quality;
● You know how to track your activities, to have factual conversations internally on progress made;
● You have a confident communication style with the ability to simplify complex message to be relevant to the audience;
● You have project management, event promotion, production and logistics skills;
● You are highly organized, strong communication skills, you’re a multitasker;
● You have strong stakeholder management skills and are able to influence senior executives;
● You have a Bachelor degree or similar working experience, fluent in English (written and spoken):
● You are a positive energetic person, who enjoyed working.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.