Senior PR & Communications Manager
Backbase is growing our global Marketing team and we are looking for a highly organized, self-motivated, and creative PR & Communications Manager to drive our Global PR and Communications to the next level. This high-impact and high-visibility role is responsible for developing and evolving Backbase’s global PR positioning, strategy and execution, as well as empowering our regions.
As the leader for PR & Communications in Backbase, you bring deep FinTech industry insight, expertise and opinion, combined with powerful storytelling skills to evangelize the Backbase POV globally.
You are a strong, opinionated voice in the FinTech space and are able to use your knowledge to anticipate and prepare for forthcoming trends in our space - ensuring Backbase can hijack the news with them and get the right exposure, while telling a consistent story.
You bring deep FinTech industry insight, expertise and opinion, combined with powerful storytelling skills. You are a strong, opinionated voice in the FinTech space and are able to use your knowledge to anticipate and prepare for forthcoming trends in our space. As a plus, you’re already active as a thought leader in the FinTech domain and have a strong network of influencer peers and media relationships.
You must have high judgement, excellent communication skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative, strong project management ability and a talent for effectively, proactively engaging with stakeholders. You will also have experience of working to high standards under tight deadlines, and be flexible in managing ambiguity as priorities change.
If you’re looking to be part of a fast-growing company that’s disrupting the industry by building transformative technology, join our team and play a pivotal role in developing the future of fintech.
What you'll do
● Fintech storyteller - Backbase POV / impact on the industry / what’s next and how BB will lead the way
● Global PR Strategy & Campaigns - You own and deliver the global PR strategy and campaigns that capture the right strategic narrative to strongly position Backbase as a leader
in the Engagement Banking category. You bring a strategic and creative approach, ensuring that you deliver against business objectives and articulate key messages while being inspiring and engaging.
● Social Media & Influencers: You will boost our social media footprint, significantly increase the reach of our channels and define and execute an influencer strategy. In doing so, you smartly spot opportunities to capture share of mind through relevant channels (e.g. Twitter, Podcasts, Events etc). You’ll carefully craft and articulate stories and create meaningful content for our network of influencers, earned and social media.
● Global PR Execution - You manage Backbase’s day-to-day Global PR process, working with PR agencies and media, and coordinate global press activities with Backbase leadership, customers and partners. You work with and empower the regional Field Marketers as well as their PR agencies (across different time zones) to develop compelling stories and narratives aligned to key milestones. In all of these activities, you’re the gatekeeper of the Backbase narrative and consistently ensure a strong point of view that sets Backbase apart.
● Internal Communications - You will take ownership and drive the Internal Communications function across the Backbase organization to the next level. In doing so you will work intimately with leadership to deliver the best message to the right audience internally, which includes supporting internal milestone events such as our regular Townhalls and leadership events.
Who you are
● You have 8+ years of public relations / corporate communications experience within fast-paced Tech, Fintech or Payment companies;
● You have a Bachelor / Master in in Journalism, Communication or Media;
● You bring a deep understanding of the FinTech industry and/or B2B enterprise software space;
●You have experience with developing and executing global communication / public relation strategies;
● You have experience in Influencer Marketing programs;
● You have excellent communications and content writing, proofreading and editing skills with an eye for detail;
● You have experience running high impact public relations and media engagements that move the needle;
● You have experience developing compelling stories and content that supports a strong point of view;
● You are street smart and digital savvy. Proven to be able to do more with less. A true team player, hands-on and self-motivated, able to drive progress and hit deadlines;
● You think and communicate clearly, formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it;
● You know how to “own the room” when you represent Backbase while being your authentic self in how you motivate and influence others;
● You have the ability to keep a calm head under pressure with a can-do, solution-focused attitude;
● You thrive on working in a fast-paced environment; comfortable working on multiple projects in multiple time zones, while collaborating with multiple cultures;
● You have excellent English speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.