Senior Accounting Officer
Backbase has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Finance professional. This role will be a great opportunity for a young professional who wants to further his career on General Accounting and Control. This job will provide a challenging environment with a lot of learning opportunities and exposure to all levels of the organization.
What you'll do
● Responsible for the country’s entire period-end processes:
● On time processing of invoices;
● Managing the entity’s Accounts receivables;
● Post necessary journal entries;
● Close the entity’s books in an accurate and timely manner;
● Finalize the entities Financial Statements for external reporting.
● Responsible in liaising with internal and external parties to ensure timely and accurate filling of tax related requirements;
● Preparing TDS workings, tax provisioning and income tax calculations, deferred taxes, GST workings, and reconciliation along with the deposit of other statutory dues;
● Create monthly checks and analyses on financial data to ensure accuracy and to translate them into meaningful and useful information;
● Work closely with the Senior Accounting Officer for Mexico in implementing new or updating current Policies, Guidelines or Reporting standards to the Mexican books;
● Responsible in ensuring that the entity books are aligned with both Dutch GAAP (later on with IFRS) and US GAAP in Netsuite;
● Help Senior Accounting Officer for Mexico in creating analyses to ascertain the quality of Financial Reporting.
Who you are
● You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting and is a CPA (or its equivalent). Any additional educational courses or qualifications are a plus.
● You have a minimum of 5 years experience in accounting and financial analysis and preferably with Netsuite or similar systems;
● The required competencies are proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly in Excel);
● Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
● Being able to work in a structured way and excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Backbase covers you. With our company insurance, we make sure you and your family are safe and have access to different insurances.
Lunch tickets so you don’t have to worry about bringing your own food.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.