As a Senior UX Designer / UX Team Lead, your primary focus will be to enhance the user experience for our customers in the Asia region. You’ll be joining a team of UX ambassadors and the wider design community within Backbase. There are numerous moments to connect, share, learn and collaborate with designers across the organisation where our relationships go beyond the work environment.
What you'll do
● Implement Omni-channel, Retail, SME, and Wealth banking product solutions across Web, Android, and iOS for banks in Asia
● Conduct design and research activities including wireframing, user testing, design facilitation etc.
● Lead UX and communicate design strategies, theories and best practices to support stakeholder decision-making
● Communicate and work collaboratively with cross-functional team members and agile squad
● Grow the UX team and practice in Asia
● Manage a team of designers and help them to grow professionally
Who you are
● 7+ years experience in Product/Service/UX/UI design in a product company, consulting firm, or agency
● Experience leading a design team on a project
● Fluency across a broad range of skills including design, research, design strategy, and facilitation
● Good understanding of Material design guidelines & Apple HIG
● Proficiency in working with design systems with tools such as Figma
● Strong portfolio demonstrating excellence in thought and execution
● Clear and confident communication and presentation skills in English and preferably one other Asian language
● Strong team player who can collaborate effectively with different stakeholders
● Willingness to travel and work with customers on location
● 1 - 2 years of people management experience
● Prior experience in Fintech and a passion for banking solutions
● Prior experience in designing products for Asia users
● Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
it's my job THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Within a multicultural company, you will be joining a dynamic team of UX designers, UX researchers, product designers and the wider design community within Backbase. Within Customer Success, you will work with various roles (Project Managers, Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Developers) to successfully implement Backbase solutions.
As this role also relies quite heavily on your consulting skills, you will advise customers on all aspects of User Experience from branding and visual design to experience design and information architecture. Beyond your design knowledge, your broader understanding of the dynamics of building and releasing software on a large scale will help you as you navigate conversations with your team and customers.
In your daily project work you will be the source of design knowledge for all Backbase Apps and the Backbase Design System. Through a deep understanding of our UX patterns and UI components, you will be able to guide customers and drive decisions towards product adoption in every sense (apps, journeys, UX patterns, etc.).
You also get the chance to help drive more complex projects by using design tools and methodologies (segments, personas and other research collateral) and by partnering up with peers in research and development. Above all, you will be one of Customer Success’ design ambassadors; working to educate different audiences through confidence and storytelling.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Our hybrid model gives you more flexibility to get work done where you do it best – whether it’s from home or from our flexible office spaces worldwide.
Ergonomic home office
We’ve got your back (quite literally) with ergonomic furniture for happier, comfier, and more productive work days at home.
Feel your best with initiatives that promote physical and mental well-being, from Headspace premium to quarterly Wellness Days.
Training & development
Challenge yourself and learn new technical or soft skills with a training budget for your growth and personal development.
Meet and mingle with your colleagues at our celebrations, social gatherings, and team-building activities, held year-round.
Join our employee-led activities. Connect with people with similar interests and contribute to shaping our dynamic culture.