We are looking for a qualified Technical Manager to oversee and own a portfolio of customer accounts.
As part of a Customer Success Team you will work with the Customer Success Manager and Delivery Manager on multiple accounts to ensure that customers are successful in their digital transformation journey.
You are the key technical contact and advisor to our customers throughout their journey of implementing the Backbase platform.
As a Technical Manager, you should be a tech-savvy professional, able to explain technical details and requirements to a non-technical audience. You can hold your own in a technical discussion with developers as much as you can in a boardroom with a CIO.
You should be able to provide technical, product, and business knowledge to ensure successful implementations of the Backbase platform and build lasting customer relationships.
What you'll do
● Use your technical and product expertise to define and drive our clients’ overall technical strategy;
● Address all product-related queries on time with your product expertise and engaging different stakeholders within the Backbase organisation;
● Travel to clients and build strong relationships with key stakeholders. You will be working closely with lead architects and C-level executives in our customers;
● Become an internal advocate of the client and bring the voice of the customer into the rest of the Backbase organization;
● You identify opportunities for the customer to have better product adoption, provide guidance on best practices for custom components, and help the client align their requirements with our R&D roadmap;
● Work with our R&D organisation to provide customers' feedback and help identify potential new features or products (both on the functional and technical levels);
● Analyse customers’ needs and suggest upgrades or additional features to meet their requirements;
● Collaborate closely with the Technical Support, Product Engineering, and Project Implementation teams at Backbase to ensure successful implementations of the Backbase product.
Who you are
● Overall experience of 10+ years and 5 years of management experience with solid technical background
● You have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a way that is easy for an audience of various technical skills to understand;
● You have a solid technical background with hands-on experience building and designing enterprise software. Experience with digital transformation projects in financial institutions are a plus;
● You have experience with most of our technology stack: Java, Spring, Maven, Gradle, Angular, Kotlin, Cloud Deployments, Docker, Kubernetes and Swift; Having a cloud certification (e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect) is a plus;
● You are an advocate for Agile methodologies and are able to explain its pros and cons to steer stakeholders in the right direction;
● You hold a BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field;
● You are fluent in English.