Leave your mark on the quality of the Backbase product and build stronger Agile teams. Ensuring that each team member follows the Agile and Lean principles in the spirit of Backbase values. Making sure everyone knows their role and helping coach them through any unclear parts while also guiding larger teams using the Agile and Lean methodologies effectively.
What you'll do
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Scrum Master to join the Backbase team on an initial 6-month contract basis.
(This contract will fall inside IR35)
You will work with our highly skilled and diverse teams to deliver a product that is used by millions of people around the world. There is no doubt that we have the best possible solution in our market - we got there by delivering an exquisite digital platform and staying Agile.
In this role, you will demonstrate your expert 'Agile Coaching' skills in a way that fosters creation and collaboration within our high performing teams. You are a skilled facilitator for all Agile ceremonies and support your teams in decision making, task definition and leveraging metrics. You are a coach and a trainer for groups and individuals on multiple levels.
You will become a member of the Backbase Agile Community - get support from other Agile practitioners and contribute your ideas! You will work closely with Leadership and have the opportunity to influence and contribute to the bigger picture.
You will collaborate with teams of passionate and experienced Software Developers, UX Designers, Test Engineers, Technical Writers, and Product Managers. For these teams, you are much more than an “Agile person”. You are a servant leader, a pioneer, a mentor, an expert, a magician, an apprentice, and a guardian but above all, an outstanding human
Who you are
● You have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a dedicated Scrum Master or an Agile Coach;
● You have experience with building successful teams from scratch;
● You are a highly organized, thorough and motivated professional that understands the importance of being a strong team player and a leader;
● We don’t have to mention anything Agile, as you are living & breathing it, and bring the experience to prove it;
● You are used to delivering software in a multi-team, multi-location product organization and know how to motivate and sustain successful teams within a hybrid working environment;
● You have the ability to know when to let teams run with a light-touch and when to deep-dive to help them get back on their feet
● You have a deep understanding of Scrum, Kanban and at least one approach for scaling Agile (Nexus, LeSS, Spotify, etc.);
● You are experienced in coordinating the work of multiple cross-functional teams;
● You shine through your ability to facilitate conflict resolutions for groups and individuals of all levels;
● You are passionate about empiricism to help the team improve by learning through experimentation and observation;
● You are familiar with Atlassian tools (Confluence and Jira). Previous experience with Comparative Agility and Actionable Agile tools is also welcome.
You have skills in Agile Coaching such as:
● You have proven success at coaching teams to achieve and maintain a level of high performance, and to develop a sense of ownership and accountability for the end result;
● Ability to assess team needs and tailor coaching accordingly;
● Effective communication and mentoring skills;
● Experience in guiding teams through agile transformations;
(Currently, we do not relocate candidates for this role and are restricted to our local market)
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Option to take up private health insurance for you and your family members.
Loan bikes and cycle equipment plus benefit from a generous tax allowance with our Cycle to Work Scheme.
Pension scheme with a 4.5% contribution matched by Backbase.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.
Specific budget for your personal development.