Senior Technical Writer
Write product documentation that enables personas ranging from system integrators and developers to business analysts to effectively build with our software.
What you'll do
You deliver best-in-class developer documentation that enables customers, partners and colleagues to easily and effectively implement and work with Backbase products.
You are part of the R&D Department, which is a multidisciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled Software Developers, Test Engineers, UX Designers, Technical Writers, Product Owners and Support Engineers. Working in the R&D team, you collaborate with product teams to create accurate product documentation. While new features and functionalities added to our software create a great user experience, you have a major impact in assuring that these solutions are easy to implement and configure for an external user.
The complexity and evolution of our product portfolio, combined with the various needs and personas of teams working with our products, make working with products at Backbase a great and challenging experience.
Who you are
● 5-8 years of experience as a Technical Writer for software products;
● You are passionate about creating an outstanding developer experience through your documentation;
● You have a solid technical background and experience documenting REST APIs and services, as well as documenting useful code examples for DevOps Engineers and Software Engineers;
● You have experience documenting cloud infrastructure and SaaS/PaaS solutions;
Developers, DevOps Engineers, Software Architects, QA Engineers and Product Owners like working with you because of your flair and your thorough understanding of software and web technologies;
● Your natural curiosity and social skills allow you to gather information from software professionals;
● You have solid experience writing, editing and proofreading technical documentation for different stakeholders using Git, GitHub, Confluence, and other documentation publishing software;
● You have experience working in a multidisciplinary team using Agile or Scrum methodology with JIRA;
● You are eager to understand how your documentation is consumed and gather feedback to continuously improve your docs;
● You have experience working with markup languages such as Asciidoc and Markdown;
● You have experience defining a documentation strategy and driving standards and consistency across complex docsets.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.