You are the database authority within the Customer Success department of Backbase. By identifying and reproducing potential issues as well as investigating problems for customers, you provide guidance to project teams about optimum database performance.
Your role expands beyond the day to day operations of engineering - if you’re a curious go-getter with a passion for working with people, challenging your own skill set, then this is for you.
What you'll do
You’ll be working with our BaaS cloud platform and run initiatives that improve reliability and performance of production databases.
You’ll guide software implementation teams in their approach to databases and its production operations, ensuring the microservices are running on optimum performance.
You analyze and interpret large volumes of performance data to characterize database behavior while scanning for potential problems.
Once you’ve identified a potential issue or bottleneck, you build a simulation to test your findings and drive initiatives that remediates it and prevents similar situations in the future.
You’re both a subject matter expert in database performance engineering and a gifted communicator. You are able to explain your complex findings to an audience differentiating in technical know-how and convince them to adhere to your advice. This means you have a major impact on our overall solution quality and resiliency.
● Proactive analysis of production databases to find bottlenecks and prevent issues
● Driving initiatives in area of database reliability and performance
● Working closely with our infrastructure team, product teams and implementation teams
● Acting as a consultant to our software implementation teams and educating them on database reliability and performance
● Explaining complex findings to a variety of technical audiences
● Being an active member of database experts community within Backbase
Who you are
● You have solid experience with large, highly available, and high-transaction databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle)
● You have experience working with Cloud databases, preferably AWS and Azure
● You are highly adept about database fundamentals and architectures, SQL code performance review and optimization
● You have experience with large, highly available, and high-transaction databases
● You have hands-on experience with standard edition tools for performance measurement, analysis, and optimization
● You have experience in developing tools and methodology for isolating performance issues
● You are able to coordinate, plan and manage complex technical solutions
● You are an excellent communicator, able to explain complex subjects to a wide audience with different expertise levels
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Private health insurance for you and your family members.
Specific budget for your personal development.
Access to Insight Timer app - increase well-being and balance in our daily lives.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.