We, the Solution Engineering (SE) Dev Team, are a multidisciplinary software development team developing a wide variety of demonstration apps and prototypes. We empower our customer-facing teams and partners showcasing Backbase’s capabilities, now and in the future.
By acting as a customer, we take the Backbase product and implement its features resulting in a realistic example of what the product is capable of providing out-of-the-box. More importantly, we extend it with new concepts and validate their impact on Backbase’s mission to help customers become the bank that people love.
We work closely together with Backbase’s product teams, helping them to improve their products, implement new features and gain new industry insights. We inspire Backbasers, partners, customers, and prospects in shaping the future of people-first banking.
Our team consists of digital-savvy professionals who continuously seek new opportunities to express their creativity. We strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions that challenge every team member to do their best.
What you'll do
As our UI Designer, you’ll be engaged in defining and enhancing the experience of our demo experiences. You’ll establish human-centric design principles, craft seamless animations, prototype effective interactions, and seek out every key moment to wow our potential customers.
Define Digital Brands - Push the product boundaries whilst designing engaging visuals and effective motion patterns for both internal and external audiences.
Tailor and Enhance Design Systems – Using your passion for the craft of UI, you‘ll work with the Backbase Design System and get the opportunity to join the wider UX community.
Concept and Innovate - From time to time, we need to make a major impact on a customer, an event, or conference. These Design sprints, allow you to prototype effective solutions and make a significant impact to the business in a short period of time.
Prototype and Measure – Together with the rest of our team, you will also get the opportunity to test uncharted concepts with users and drive key learnings and best practice across the wider Design ecosystem.
Who you are
● You have 3-5 years of professional experience in UI/UX and Motion Design in a Digital, Agile (scale-up or agency) environment;
● You have a degree in Digital Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design or a similar area;
● You are genuinely passionate about UI/UX and motion design and can communicate your ideas clearly to those around you;
● You have solid working knowledge and professional working experience with common UI tooling in particular Sketch, Figma, Invision, Protopie and Abstract;
● You have a strong working knowledge of animation and are proficient in motion tooling including Principle and Adobe After Effects;
● You stay current with the latest design trends, and know how to inspire those around you with new insights;
● You are a team player, social and proactively provide suggestive feedback to help your colleagues grow in their career but also as a human;
● You have professional English speaking and writing skills;
● You are curious, always keen to learn new things and try them out;
● You are someone interested in UX and eager to learn more about user testing and other design skills;
● You actively contribute during brainstorming or refinement sessions;
● You don’t mind working on prototypes or apps not available to the general public. Instead, they act as inspiration for apps eventually used by millions of users around the world.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.