Senior System Engineer
Work with customers and our partners in implementation projects around the globe. How would you guide them to success?
What you'll do
This is an exciting position where you will be exposed to a variety of environments and technologies within different organizations around the world. As a valued member of the team you will be working closely with all disciplines such as BE Engineers, FE Engineers, QA Engineers, Solution Architects and Business Analysts on the successful delivery of Backbase software to our customers.
Being a consultant at Backbase means taking ownership of your projects and enabling our customers to set up their environments from test to production. You will analyze the particular situation, the needs and existing set up of our customers to provide documented guidelines for the implementation. You give advice on security standards and optimizing performance.
You design, develop and oversee the implementation of solutions that improve the stability, scalability, availability and latency of our product. At Backbase we focus on providing solutions instead of workarounds. You are in close contact with customers and partners which leads to valuable input to improve our product in your collaboration with our R&D teams.
Who you are
You have designed and/or built mission critical services (large scale internet or cloud-based services) and have proven experience with production systems and dealing with production issues:
● You hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
● You have a working knowledge of Maven, Jenkins, and Shell;
● You have experience deploying Java applications, JVM tuning, Tomcat;
● You have experience with Cloud (AWS or Google cloud), as well as expertise with Linux/Unix systems.
● You have been exposed to DEVOPS tools such as Travis CI, GitLabs, Jenkins, GoCD, Chef, Salt, Puppet, Terraform, Cloud formation.
It would be great if you also have:
● Experience with any of the following configuration tools: Ansible (preferable);
● Experience with Kubernetes (preferable) / Openshift / Pivotal Cloud Foundry;
● Experience deploying Spring Boot applications as a plus;
● Database experience as an administrator;
● Experience with Helm charts.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Specific budget for your personal development.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up