As a Technical Director, you oversee your portfolio of projects. You manage both your team results and client expectations. Leading multiple delivery teams, you are on top of new developments and near-future demands, translating your project insights into product vision.
Being part of a management team for multiple projects, together with the operations manager and the delivery manager, you run your own FinTech business. In this role, it comes down to your expert technical knowledge as much as your leadership skills.
What you'll do
From kick-start sessions with clients and partners, where technical requirements are discussed, you take the lead all the way to the moment the project is signed off. No matter who you talk to, you impress with your technical knowledge and compelling presentations.
You manage and mitigate technical risks. As a master planner and ingenious technician, you define strategies and align them with standards. You identify technical improvements and follow up on them. If relevant, you ensure that custom solutions are translated to a general solution. Not only do you supervise the technical specifics, you also support and evaluate your team, verifying that the technical level is unprecedented. We work on a global scale, so you will regularly travel abroad.
Who you are
● You mastered in IT.
● The Agile philosophy has already became your lifestyle.
● In designing customer-journey-driven architectures, you’re familiar with all stages of making it production-ready.
● You take pride in over-delivering.
● You have strong hands-on programming skills.
● We won’t have to tell you anything about application servers, databases, load balancers and other infrastructure components required to deploy modern applications. Your expert knowledge is always up to date.
● You don’t mind discovering the world by traveling 20-50% of your time.
● We will be extra happy if you:
● Created solutions for financial services (especially banking).
● Experience with Portal/Web Content Management.
● Familiar with architectural patterns such as Microservices, CQRS and event sourcing.
● Have experience with server virtualization and containers technology such as Docker, VMWare, HyperV.
● Experience using API gateway, service registry, etc.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Backbase covers you. With our company insurance, we make sure you and your family are safe and have access to different insurances.
Lunch tickets so you don’t have to worry about bringing your own food.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.