Senior Backend Engineer (Business Banking)
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to strengthen our team. As a Backend Engineer you will join a Product team in our Business Banking value stream within the R&D department and you will focus on creating a solution that allows banks to seamlessly service customers and employees by crafting memorable and engaging banking experiences. By joining Business Banking Tribe in Poland you will have the opportunity to work on Entitlements which provide a set of web journeys designed to control user access and limit what financial institution employees and customers can do with the resources they have access to. Positive Pay, a fraud prevention service enables bank customers to set multiple ACH rules for their accounts and forbid transactions that do not comply with the defined rules. And many more capabilities designed and built in Krakow.
What you'll do
As part of the team, you will contribute to new and existing functionalities, proof of concepts, and technical improvements that will be implemented in the Digital Banking Platform. Your autonomous team is responsible for the entire software development life cycle for the digital banking product suite: from idea to release. You are expected to take ownership of what you build and proactively collaborate with architects, QA engineers and other team members to ensure implementation is done according to our technical vision and best practices.
R&D way of working is inspired by the Spotify Model. We are organized in Value Streams (e.g. Business Banking), Tribes, Guilds and Chapters where engineers can exchange knowledge and share new ideas. Business Banking squads follow Scrum with two-week sprints, delivering product increment in monthly releases.
We offer a hybrid working model which is a location-flexible arrangement that allows people to combine on-site and off-site work.
Who you are
● You have a solid background in software development including design;
● You are able to communicate clearly and confidently across all levels to get buy-ins from technical stakeholders as well as from your team members;
● Experience in the banking domain or Fintech products will be considered an advantage;
● You have excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written;
● You have a solid understanding of Java, Maven, CI and CD;
● You have experience with relational databases and Spring JPA / Hibernate;
● You have experience with microservices (Netflix OSS is a plus); Cloud and Apache Tomcat;
● You have experience with non-functionals such as security, performance, scalability etc.;
● You have a solid understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns.