Regional Director Solutions Engineering
As the Director of Solutions Engineering, you will spearhead a regional team of highly capable Solutions Engineers (SEs) and Solutions Architects (SA). This team is a key part of our global Customer Advisory function that serves diverse sales territories worldwide. Your primary focus will be on achieving technical alignment and product-specific closure in complex sales cycles within your regional market.
In this director-level role, you will not only oversee the day-to-day technical and sales activities but also actively participate with senior management in setting strategic goals. Your insights will contribute to shaping the strategic direction of the Solutions Engineering team, ensuring that the team's efforts are aligned with Backbase's overarching strategic objectives. You will be instrumental in crafting and executing strategies that enhance our market position and drive sustainable growth.
What you'll do
In this role, your dual expertise in both technical and sales domains will be crucial. You will be responsible for instilling a culture of value-based selling, advising your team on how to align Backbase solutions with client needs to drive measurable business outcomes. Your day-to-day activities will include coaching your team on both sales best practices and technical nuances, and ensuring a strategic approach to each sales cycle. This will enable your team to deliver high-impact presentations and demonstrations that not only showcase the capabilities of our products but also solve specific technical challenges faced by clients in the Financial Services & Digital sectors.
You'll work cross-functionally to foster collaboration within a global setting—both internally and with external partners. Your technical depth will be particularly crucial in engaging with customer IT decision-makers and in translating their complex technical requirements into actionable solutions.
As the leader of the Regional Solutions Engineering team, you're accountable for achieving regional revenue targets. This encompasses everything from hiring and mentoring to ongoing assessment and performance enhancement. You will also be customer-facing, leveraging your technical acumen and industry knowledge to effectively position Backbase solutions within the Financial Services sector.
Reporting Line: This position will report directly to the SVP Customer Advisory.
● Responsible for leading and driving a Solution Engineering or similar team to achieve regional revenue targets;
● Ability to work cross-functionally and foster collaboration within a global environment (both internally and externally);
● Utilize strong interpersonal skills in working with customers, prospects and internal teams;
● Work in an individual contributor capacity and take on sales cycles when needed to close business;
● Optimize organizational structure to support Backbase’s direct and partner sales channels;
● Oversee and contribute to creation of technical proposals for prospects (including technical clarifications of RFP responses, meeting follow-ups, and proposal questions);
● Present solutions to prospects and the differentiated business value they will provide.
Who you are
● 10+years of experience with at least 5 years of leadership (driving, motivating, empowering team);
● Strong collaboration and communication skills, leadership, organization, and the ability to work well in teams (both technical and business and executive levels);
● Strong analytical skills and demonstrated creative problem-solving approach;
● Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience;
● Experience in all aspects of pre-sales.
● Ability to decipher complex customer requirements and communicate effectively;
● Ability to envision creative solution strategies to remove obstacles and accelerate sales.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.