Junior System Engineer (DevOps)
Join the banking revolution! As a Junior System Engineer in our Backbase-as-a-Service support team, you will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support to customers, ensuring the seamless operation of our SaaS products. This role involves troubleshooting, ticket resolution and effective communication with clients to enhance their overall experience. This is a great learning opportunity for engineers starting in the field of DevOps.
What you'll do
• Provide prompt and professional responses to tickets escalated from front line support teams.
• Analyze and diagnose technical issues efficiently, employing available resources and documentation, including new Azure installations, answering questions about networking, VPN, and Kubernetes.
• Escalate complex problems to senior support engineers or development teams when necessary, and cooperate with them.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of customer-facing technical documentation and knowledge base articles.
• Given and receive feedback during regular sessions with front line support team and share product & process knowledge.
• Participate in occasional customer calls and weekly ticket review sessions.
• You will grow into a technical subject matter expert for Backbase SaaS solutions.
We offer a great starting position with enormous learning opportunities that are a great way to further your career.
We use a ticketing system to manage issues and communicate with customers. This is not an IT desktop support role.
Who you are
We are looking for a colleague who has affinity with technical topics, is eager to learn and importantly, is a team player.
• You are highly customer-focused on delivering a great customer experience in our B2B company, whether they are technical or non-technical.
• You can clearly and concisely communicate in English, both written and verbally.
• You have a high interest in DevOps and infrastructure as code - and are eager to learn.
• You are self-driven and know how to methodically troubleshoot a problem.
• Some experience with bash and a version control system is required (we use Git).
• You don’t easily buckle under stress and know when to ask your peers for help. We have a great team of peers, SMEs and managers who are happy to support you.
• It’s a plus if you have hands-on experience in supporting SaaS applications on Microsoft Azure or alternatively, AWS.
• It helps if you are familiar with Linux, Kubernetes and Terraform.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.