Mobile QA Engineer
You will join a team of QA Engineers with a focus on best practices within the quality, test automation, CI spaces, and work to ensure the organization is always running smoothly. These practices include metrics to monitor code coverage, bug prevention strategies, and other quality measures.
What you'll do
Mobile QA Engineers are a part of our Customer Success team and ensure we deliver quality solutions during the entire development cycle of the project and that the product is implemented successfully for our customers.
Day-to-day you will be hands-on and meet with clients, test new features on different test levels (integration, system, functional, regression, exploratory testing), write and/or conduct test plans with schedules and dependencies, as well as carry out manual and automated tests. You are responsible for automated tests for Native (and some hybrid) mobile applications with industry-standard testing tools and scripting languages. You will also produce defect metrics and reporting on the full QA process.
At Backbase we work agile and you know what this means for the QA role. Finally, as part of the Customer Success team, you will participate in internal QA goals such as training new hires and the evaluation of new tools and processes.
Overall, you will need an understanding of business requirements and developing automated test scenarios and cases.
Who you are
● Serve as a technical expert in testing Mobile Native Applications (iOS and Android) using automation framework, while leading and training other QA Engineers;
● Research and report issues and defects into a problem tracking system (JIRA/Cucumber Studio);
● Work with BA, System Engineer and Development teams to develop test scripts and test suites;
● Design scenarios and perform test execution for iOS and Android ecosystem using both emulators and device farms (saucelabs/perfecto);
● Design, implement and maintain mobile automated test scripts using Espresso and XCUITest;
● Participate and conduct peer reviews of automated test scripts and maintain test automation pipelines using Github actions;
● Provide guideline and contribute toward compatibility, accessibility and performance testing for mobile applications;
● Produce test reports; Document and manage defect identification through resolution and closure;
● Work in an integrated team capacity, frequently coordinating with Systems Engineers, Architects and Software Developers;
● Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), System Testing, Smoke Testing and Integration Testing, Interface Testing, and Regression Testing.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Private health insurance for you and your family members.
Specific budget for your personal development.
Access to Insight Timer app - increase well-being and balance in our daily lives.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.