The Engineering Manager leads our engineering teams. This role is both strategic and technical. You are responsible for hiring new team members, managing managers, defining and promoting the team’s ways of working as well as developing training strategies.
At the strategic level, our Engineering Manager aligns engineering activities with company goals and objectives, provides expert guidance and support, approves newly-developed policies from various departments, and maintains positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.To be successful in this position, you should have exceptional leadership, communication, and management skills, years of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others.
What you'll do
● In this role, you are responsible for creating the conditions in which development teams are set up for high performance and can deliver features that meet the high expectations of our customers while taking all of the non-functions like security, maintainability, and reliability into account. On a day-to-day basis you work closely with your managers to surface any anti-pattern or dysfunction that impacts the team’s performance and ensure the team works towards solving those.
● You have exceptional communication and leadership skills to inspire and motivate others. You easily navigate stakeholders across Backbase, from 1-to-1s with your team members to working directly with senior leadership.
● Together with our Operations Managers and Recruiters, you will collaborate on defining processes and setting priorities in regards to recruitment forecasting with the aim of ensuring your teams have the capacity to meet the demand of our customer engagements.
● You work closely with the Academy to define Training Catalogs and Learning Plans to provide our customers, partners and people with the best learning experience possible.
● You create and implement best practices, engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve the business performance. The engineering strategies and processes you develop should aid in meeting business objectives and operational needs in terms of quality, delivery targets, as well as enable the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
● Together with your leads you take the initiative to explore, evangelize, and implement innovative technologies within the business in order to improve the platform as well as the developers' and customers' experience. You provide support and leadership to the Business Development Centers, facilitating continuous evolution within all the development teams.
Who you are
● 5+ years of experience in management;
● Master's degree within the engineering field;
● Up-to-date knowledge of the industry;
● Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team;
● Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems;
● Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback;
● You understand and have experience with Agile methodology;
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Private health insurance for you and your family members.
Specific budget for your personal development.
Access to Insight Timer app - increase well-being and balance in our daily lives.
Referral bonus incentive for bringing the best talent.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.