Delivery Director - US East
As a Delivery Director, you play an integral role in driving the overall regional delivery strategy for your Hub. In conjunction with our RVP Customer Success, RVP Technology, and RVP Sales you are responsible for a subset of strategic customers and for setting them up for success. You are also expected to create a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
What you'll do
In this role, you will be responsible for creating, and managing strong implementation and delivery plans using Agile to meet client goals while keeping Backbase commercial capabilities, delivery capabilities, and capacity in mind. You will do this in collaboration with technical teams.
You will gain buy-in and support from the broader organization as you establish strategies for effective planning, budgeting, and execution as it relates to your Hub’s regional delivery strategy. You will be responsible for financial management, client management, change management, and risk management.
As you ramp up into the Delivery Director position, you will gain knowledge of the Backbase product offering which will enable you to comfortably and confidently provide specific product information as well as examples from previous projects to advise clients and their teams on making the right decisions throughout their relationship with Backbase.
With your unshakeable communication skills, you won’t shy away from driving difficult conversations to influence strategy, vision, transformational change, and scope with clients and stakeholders across all levels including those who are part of the C-suite on both the Backbase and client sides.
A passion for people management, coaching, and mentorship are key for this position and you will play a big part in building and maintaining a top-of-class Delivery Team for your Hub. You are the go-to person for your teams when they have questions when it comes to tools, delivery plans, and product requirements. Your best practices will help to streamline the day-to-day work within Delivery and your expert-level knowledge of Agile will guide your teams when creating delivery plans and ways of working.
Who you are
● 8+ years of professional experience;
● Strong hands-on software implementation experience (managing and leading);
● Expert-level understanding of Agile methodology;
● Experience managing a department;
● 4+ years managing external client with the ability to manage multiple clients at once;
● Experience developing and executing onboarding/training plans for your teams;
● Knowledge of/experience with the following tools: Google Workspace, Jira, Confluence;
● Bachelor's degree;
● Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
● 6+ years of experience in Financial Services and/or Banking is a huge plus!