Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Join the banking revolution! As Senior Cloud Security Engineer, you are responsible for defining the processes and implementation of our highly secure and compliant SaaS platform.
As a Senior Cloud Security Engineer you’ll get a chance to contribute to the success of our Observability team, from implementing a SOC to building an enterprise-grade Observability Platform, both part of our flagship managed hosting offering called BaaS - Backbase as a Service.
As part of the BaaS Observability team, you'll be expected to implement the foundation of a highly secure, robust platform and related processes to ensure our software runs smoothly in production as well as making sure it complies with legal constraints.
What you'll do
● Represent Security in the team - run threat modeling sessions, perform vulnerability tests, do risk analysis, security assessments and support incident handling.
● Help realize a state of the art monitoring and alerting system.
● Implement and maintain cloud security best practices in Azure environments.
● Ensure compliance with relevant security standards and regulations. Conduct regular security assessments and risk analyses to identify and mitigate potential threats.
● Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to enhance the overall security posture. Mentor junior team members and contribute to the development of the team's skills and capabilities.
● Propose and support security initiatives and work with different teams at various levels within our company to implement them. ● Participate in the Security Guild.
● You will have a deep understanding of architecting for visibility, detection, mitigation and observability capabilities.
The Backbase as a Service tribe is continuously busy with improving their product with the motto "You build it, you run it". Striving to have the highest possible uptime, great performance and best in class levels of security. That's quite an ambition and you can't get there without an automation-first approach.
We pride ourselves on the fact that we don't do manual changes in production and that we automatically validate our environment before deploying.
Your growth path within Backbase will allow you to grow from the function of Senior Cloud Security Engineer to a function as Principal Cloud Security Engineer in which you will be responsible for driving cross team initiatives and you will take on more responsibilities in the overall security roadmap of our product.
Who you are
● You have a deep understanding of cloud security infrastructure, cloud-native technologies, and desired state configuration, preferably using Terraform;
● You have experience with the following topics: Zero-Trust architecture, defensible security architecture, security processes, incident management, vulnerability management, threat modeling, logging and monitoring (SIEM), controls & requirements from Standards like ISO 27001, SOC 2;
● You are up-to-date on the latest cloud security tools and practices;
● You are an automation-first connoisseur. Not content with anything manual, your goal is to make every process predictable and automated;
● You are proficient with tools like Helm Charts, Kubernetes, and familiar with incident response platforms like PagerDuty;
● You have significant experience in working with comprehensive monitoring of SaaS platforms, using Datadog, Azure Monitoring or AWS APM;
● You don’t just report issues, you want to fix them;
● You have excellent communication skills in English;
● Minimum 3 years in a similar role running workloads on public cloud;
● Azure cloud certs are nice to have (Azure Administrator/Azure Solution Architect).