Senior DevOps Engineer (Azure)
Join the banking revolution! As the global leader in Engagement Banking, Backbase is at the forefront of revolutionizing banking services through technology. Our team is committed to developing cutting-edge tools and applications that empower our R&D organization and drive innovation. We are looking for a skilled Senior System Engineer with a strong focus on Azure to join our dynamic team..
We are restricted to hiring in our local market for this role. We can only accept applicant who are already living in the Netherlands with either Dutch Residency, EU Passport or a HSM Visa.
What you'll do
● Support the integration and deployment of internal tooling on Azure, supporting R&D development processes.
● Work closely with R&D to ensure critical infrastructure is available and fits their needs.
● Ensure that the solution always runs in a compliant, secure and cost-effective way.
● Act as a technical mentor: guide the system engineering teams and help foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
● Administer and optimize our Azure Kubernetes (AKS) environments
● Ensure our third-party tools are always available: Artifactory, Jenkins, ArgoCD.
● Work with the other Devops engineering teams to implement Azure's latest features and services to operational efficiency and cloud cost control.
Who you are
● You have a deep understanding of cloud infrastructure security, cloud-native technologies, and desired state configuration, preferably using Terraform;
● You have strong communication skills allowing you to drive initiatives and decisions inside and outside your team;
● You have at least 5 years of experience in system engineering including at least 3 years of working with Azure cloud services;
● You combine technical excellence with mentorship skills, and provide your peers with hands-on guidance and collaborative problem-solving.
● You are an automation-first connoisseur. Not content with anything manual, your goal is to make every process predictable and automated;
● You are proficient with tools and tech like Helm Charts, Kubernetes, Terraform.
● Azure cloud certifications (Azure Administrator/Azure Solution Architect) are a plus;
● You have a proven track record of designing and implementing scalable, highly-available cloud infrastructure;
● Your English communication skills are excellent.
Join our team at Backbase, one of the LinkedIn Top Companies of 2023 in the Netherlands! We're known for our great work environment and providing opportunities for career growth. We’re also committed to fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and growth. As a member of our team, you'll have the chance to work with some of the brightest and most talented people in the industry, as well as help shape the future of digital banking. Come join us and be part of something special.