Your role as a UX Designer
As a UX Designer, your job is to create and implement designs that provide a great user experience. You're always on the lookout for new ideas to enhance the user experience and adjust the look and feel of applications to reflect your findings.
Your expertise makes you a valuable member of the project team from start to finish, including inceptions and workshops, where you'll work with other team members to overcome challenges and find solutions.
Which skills should you look for in a UX Designer?
- Design Systems
- Usability Research and Testing
- Usability Heuristics
- Visual Mapping (e.g.: customer journey maps, experience maps)
- Interactive Design Fundamentals
- TML & CSS
- Designing for one or more platforms; web applications, mobile applications, admin tools
- Information architecture and data visualisation
- Service design fundamentals
- Human Interface & Material Design Guidelines
- Quality Assurance testing for UX Design
- Branding and corporate identity
- Passion with best-practice design methodologies and technologies
- Human Centred Design practises
- Digital Strategy planning and implementation
- Facilitation of workshops and design sprints
Which courses can you find in the Learning Plan for UX Designers?