Senior Backend Engineer (Lending)
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to strengthen our team. As a backend engineer you will join a Product team in our Lending value stream within the R&D department and you will focus on Backbase Loan Origination which supports common unsecured lending products including overdrafts, credit cards, unsecured personal loans and unsecured small business loans.
As part of the team, you will contribute to new and existing functionalities, proof of concepts, and technical improvements that will be implemented in the Digital Banking Platform. Your autonomous team is responsible for the entire software development life cycle for the digital banking product suite: from idea to release. You are expected to take ownership of what you build and proactively collaborate with architects, QA engineers and other team members to ensure implementation is done according to our technical vision and best practices.
We offer a hybrid working model which is a location-flexible arrangement that allows people to combine on-site and off-site work.
What you'll do
With Backbase Digital Lending, banks can understand their customers better, anticipate their needs and maintain engagement after the loan payment.
We help bank customers easily share their financial information directly from the current account they might have with another bank or through their cloud-based accounting system. They can see all credit and non-credit financial products in one place, monitor new loan applications and request changes to the existing products through any channel. We use the latest AI/ML technology to analyse and auto-approve loan applications.
Who you are
● You have a solid background in software development including design;
● You are able to communicate clearly and confidently across all levels to get buy-ins from technical stakeholders as well as from your team members;
● Experience in the banking domain or Fintech products will be considered an advantage;
● You have excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written;
● You have experience with Java, Spring, Maven, CI and CD;
● You have experience with microservices (Netflix OSS is a plus);
● Cloud and traditional application servers (WebSphere, JBoss, …);
● Knowledgeable of relational databases;
● You have experience with non-functionals such as security, performance, scalability etc.;
● Being a Full Stack developer is a huge advantage;
● You have a solid understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns.