Engineering Manager - Product Enablement
As an Engineering Manager, it’s your job to support various product teams to shape the architecture and solve technical challenges they face, while mentoring a team of direct reports in their growth and success. Interfacing with R&D leadership, various product teams, and solution engineers and field members to understand their needs and translate that to technical solutions with creative problem solving and collaboration. Essentially, you lead in shaping solutions, while helping teams work together to see the path to effectively and efficiently achieving goals.
What you'll do
As Engineering Manager, it’s your goal to ensure that our end-state solution and product vision becomes a reality. You will be part of the development team in which you will fulfill a leading role only gained by excellent performance. Talking highly specific technical details as well as discussing general business outcomes, you comfortably translate requirements into a distinguished design. You dedicate yourself to security, deployment, performance, caching, sizing, scalability and serviceability.
You are equally comfortable in deep-dive technical workshops with prospects, customers, partners and in board-level sales presentations. Having earned your stripes in designing web-based architectures, you have no problem finding the scope in large-scale, complex projects.
To the development team, you are the vital mainstay during processes of implementation. To customers and partners, you are the expert liaison with a keen feel for their needs. So besides being a great technician, you are also a considerate companion who delivers remarkable results on a continuous basis. By creating structure and clear explanations, you provide guidance and oversight to your team.
You are the expert liaison with a keen feel for their needs and an eye for creative solutions. Besides being a great technician, you are also a considerate companion who delivers remarkable results on a continuous basis. In this stakeholder-managing and people management role, you apply your deep expertise wherever it is needed, from mentoring to leading work sessions to rolling up your sleeves and getting things done with the team. Having earned your stripes in designing modern, enterprise-scale architectures, you have no problem finding the scope in large-scale, complex projects.
Also part of the job is creating technical architecture documentation; working with the QA lead to define the test strategy; leading DevOps to define and implement CI/CD pipelines; ensuring that implementations meet non-functional requirements.
Who you are
● Your knowledge of the Java platform exceeds our expectations
● Experienced in Spring, Maven and Github
● You have a demonstrable understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), as well as Microservices Architecture
● When we ask you about architectural frameworks, you easily dig up your knowledge and best practices
● You have worked professionally with Enterprise Integration Patterns and Frameworks
● And let’s not forget your broad, operational knowledge of application servers, databases, load balancers and other infrastructure components required to deploy web applications in a highly available and scalable environment
● Last but not least, you have excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
We will be extra happy if you:
● Have created solutions for financial services (especially banking)
● Have experience with Portal/Web Content Management
● Are familiar with architectural patterns, such as Microservices, CQRS, event sourcing
● Have experience with server virtualization and containers technology such as Docker, VMWare, HyperV
● Have professionally used Integration Platforms, API Gateway, etc