Application Security Engineer
Keep millions of users and their banking data safe and secure.
What you'll do
No day at Backbase is the same, and even more so for our security engineers. We all know that security and banking need to go hand in hand and with hackers and tech evolving by the day, you’ll need to stay on your toes and ahead of the game.
Your core responsibility is to analyze the software from a security perspective and to identify and resolve security issues. You help maintain the secure SDLC with its tools and processes. You validate that application security requirements have been met. You have a good understanding of application security and common application security vulnerabilities. You provide guidance to developers and QA engineers on secure coding, security testing and working with security tools.
Who you are
In order to really own this role, we think you’ll need:
● Good understanding of application security and common application security vulnerabilities;
● Good understanding of frontend, backend and mobile security domains and you’re an expert in one of them;
● Good understanding of DevOps and cloud native technologies;
● Successful track record in identifying, triaging and resolving application security issues;
● A background in development and a good understanding of the SDLC;
● English language on a professional level, written and spoken.
We’ll be delighted if you bring experience in the following topics but otherwise these would be opportunities for you to grow your knowledge working in the security team:
● Implementing OWASP ASVS/M-ASVS and SKF;
● Implementing SAST, SCA, IAST and RASP tools in the SDLC;
● Facilitating threat modeling sessions with the development teams;
● Pen testing web and mobile applications;
● Training and guiding developers on application security concepts;
● Relevant regulations such as GDPR and PCI-DSS.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.