Are you excited by the challenge of solving large-scale FinTech problems through innovative engineering? Do you enjoy solving complex challenges with open source technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative, and creative environment? We’re looking for an influential engineering leader to provide strategic direction on initiatives with significant bottom line impact.
This role provides a considerable opportunity for ingenuity, as this individual will work as a key leader of a talented team, to deliver innovation at a massive scale.
We are looking for an independent thinker who makes convincing, evidence-based decisions. You are a technology evangelist who leads the technology practices across our C-MEA presence. You’ll be able to inspire the team, raising the bar by continually honing their skills and introducing them to new and emerging technologies as they become relevant to our projects. You’ll have a passion for quality and be uncompromising when it comes to delivering the highest quality solutions to our clients. You’ll bring thought leadership to Backbase, helping to evangelize our capabilities within the network and to our clients.
What you'll do
● Lead our professional services technology practice in C-MEA
● Bring digital transformation programs to life at a multi-million dollar scale
● Manage Technical Directors for our hubs in Amsterdam and Middle East
● Attract and retain talent for Backbase
● Build strategic relationships to executives of our clients
● Assist on opportunities sourced by the Business Development team
● Manage the successful implementation of Backbase at key accounts
● Facilitate the harvesting of new product features within the region towards our R&D department
Who you are
● You have experience building and leading a team in the development and rapid delivery of next-generation digital products;
● You have a history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and open source products;
● You have the ability to collaborate with various partners in the tech, startup and academic ecosystems;
●You have the ability to seed and extend innovation into the greater organization to develop key talent, consistent with that of a leading technology company;
● You have exceptional management ability: Manage software engineering teams to deliver technology in support of business objectives;
● You have technical Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software solutions;
● You recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best engineering talent;
● You have an innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving;
● You have the ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas;
● You have a great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies;
● You take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in ways such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers;
● You are passionate, ambitious and a “go-getter”.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.