Delivery Director - CE
Backbase is seeking a growth-oriented software executive who will be responsible for delivery and implementation of the Backbase solutions at existing and new customers.
Backbase is going through a pivotal moment in its history as the company scales rapidly and has transitioned to a Software as a Service model. This is a unique opportunity to create value and become part of this fast growing company.
As Delivery Director, you are part of the Customer Success leadership team. With the Sales Director and Technology Director you are responsible for the customers in the region. Right after the contract between the customer and Backbase is signed the Customer Success organization takes care of the customers through the vast digital transformation process. You will enter a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
What you'll do
You are responsible for the regional delivery strategy and for sharing the vision to the Backbase customers, while ensuring that such strategy is supported by the broader organization. Your focus is on engaging strategic customers at executive and C-level, representing Backbase and opening the road for new opportunities.
You are responsible in all aspects for a team (tribe) and within that team there are multiple customer teams. The responsibility brings along that you are asked to manage the total of the team. Billability, employee happiness, education, personal care and team results.
Delivery Team Leadership
● You lead the region’s customer base together with a Customer Success Director and a Technology Director. Working as a trilogy to empower Backbase people to make decisions and operate at a level that will ensure success for the clients and Backbase.
● Overall Delivery success - Working with the Customer to ensure ongoing support and identify new opportunities to drive continued business and IT value.
● Creating an account plan together with Sales and Technology.
● Identify quick wins and long term opportunities to help drive operational value.
Cross Department Delivery
● You are responsible for the delivery of the customer portfolio. This portfolio consists of projects from various departments within Backbase and range from implementation projects, consultancy projects, product development to training.
● With this portfolio you will create both value for the Customer and the Backbase Product. You will work together with the Customer to see whether bespoke feature requests can be transformed to our standard Backbase product, creating mutual benefit.
● You will hunt for delivery best practice insights and advice to continuously improve the delivery process.
● Own escalations on program delivery before Executive Management.
● All projects within the portfolio will report to you. You steer and monitor all the projects, step in when needed, but focus on enabling the teams to execute at full efficiency.
● For new projects or product features you will decide which department/team should execute it and work together with operations to make a staffing plan.
Strategy & Product Development
● Ensuring alignment of roadmaps - Client and Backbase; how do we influence each other and drive ongoing strategic alignment of roadmaps, new feature creation, and strengthening of the overall vertical solutions.
● Understanding clients digital strategy, the plan in place to realize the strategy, progress against that plan, and how Backbase supports this effort
● Driving the relationship with key delivery stakeholders at the clients, ongoing alignment throughout the engagement with the clients and Backbase to steer program
● Helping to create and maintain the right culture and working environment; create a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
● You will spend about half of your time on-site/on-line with various Customers.
● Tactical stakeholder management with the tier one System Integrators that are involved with the customers.
Who you are
● You managed a department or multiple streams/programmes of work;
● You have at least 10 years of multidisciplinary and complex project delivery experience;
● You have at least 6 years of financial sector experience;
● You can demonstrate experience in training other PMs and team members;
● You have the ability to drive a culture of excellence and continuous improvement;
● You have a Bachelor's degree;
● You are full professional proficiency in the English language.
Join our team at Backbase, one of the LinkedIn Top Companies of 2023 in the Netherlands! We're known for our great work environment and providing opportunities for career growth. We’re also committed to fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and growth. As a member of our team, you'll have the chance to work with some of the brightest and most talented people in the industry, as well as help shape the future of digital banking. Come join us and be part of something special.