Supporting the Engagement Banking journey
Backbase provides an engagement banking platform (EBP), a central system of engagement that orchestrates frictionless experiences across all touchpoints. This enables financial institutions to engage with their customers in the most personalized and cost-effective way at every stage of the customer lifecycle. The EBP is a layer on top of the core systems of banks, and provides digital engagement functionality through mobile and web applications.
What you'll do
In the role of Data Architect, you are responsible for the field of data for the Backbase Engagement Banking Platform (EBP). The main components of the role are: data architecture, data modeling (including transformation), and metadata management.
You work together with the domain architects and engineers in drawing up and disseminating the EBP logical data (domain) model. You define logical and physical data standards and provide advice to individual EBP capabilities that have their own data model, and make sure the various data models adhere to the EBP wide data (domain) model. An important activity is analyzing the data landscape of the EBP and making it visible and discussable by drawing up data models.
Next to this you are also responsible for the logical and physical data definitions in the EBP Lakehouse, including ingestion data specifications, to make sure it corresponds with the data structure and coherence of the EBP capabilities, the requirements towards other sources of data (can be core systems of a customer), and the need of the consumption of this data (e.g. Business Intelligence Dashboards, Data exploration, AI models, etc.). It is also important to define the right meta data that is necessary for this in the Lakehouse.
Furthermore we ask you to:
Use of Industry standards models like BIAN, also to propose changes in the data model(s)
Make sure to align the integration specifications with the EBP data model
Safeguard the quality of the data perspective in the architecture products of the various domains
Supporting EBP data issues
Drawing up and disseminating the data architecture, standards, and guidelines
Testing data initiatives against the data standards and guidelines
Who you are
- You are convinced that data is a strategic business asset and can further enhance Backbase in its journey to provide more data driven functionalities to our customers;
- University work/thinking level;
- Experience as a Data Architect;
- Knowledge of architectural principles, data modeling, application structuring, risk management, and quality management;
- Experience with data management processes and the use of data management systems;
- You can align and create support from stakeholders: data engineers, BI and AI specialists, senior management, etc.
- Affinity with analytics, machine learning and modeling of Big Data models
- Preferred to have experience with tools such as Spark, Delta Lake, Fabric or other data platforms
- Embraces data compliance and governance