Senior Account Executive - Regional Banking
Backbase is a fast-growing fintech software provider that empowers financial institutions to accelerate their digital transformation and effectively compete in a digital-first world. We are growing our US Banking and Credit Union team (regional/community banks and CUs with AUM < $30B) and offer opportunities for ambitious, Sales Account Executives who thrive in a client-facing, advisory role.
What you'll do
You will carry your own sales quota within the North America Midmarket sales team and deliver digital banking transformation opportunities with net-new customers, adding to a growing list of active Backbase customers. Based on your quota you will set objectives and plan accordingly to achieve targets. Backbase is expanding and there is no doubt that we have the best solution in our niche market.
Being a Sales Executive at Backbase is an exciting and challenging role. This is an ideal position if you have 8-10+ years of successful sales with focus on building relationships and creating opportunities with new and existing customers. Your professional DNA is that of a highly influential advisor with a focus on enterprise SaaS software in Financial Services.
This position offers you to work in a flexible, no-nonsense, informal and fast-paced working environment, enabling and empowering you to grow as a sales professional. In this position you will report directly to the Vice President of Sales.
Finally, you build close relationships with your customers to understand their business drivers and understand how to establish buy-in at all levels (sales management, delivery leads and senior/executive management). You will identify and qualify new sales opportunities with Regional Banking and Financial Service customers and effectively run a sales cycle to reach and exceed your goals.
Who you are
Scope of the role will include:
● This is a quota carrying role which will identify and close opportunities for Backbase business primarily with net-new customer accounts and secondary opportunity to expand existing customer relationships;
● Managing and closing large software agreements ($1M+ ARR);
● Forecasting and managing net-new opportunities from identification to close;
● Leading customers to have value-focused digital banking strategies;
● Establishing a trusted advisor role with regional bank and credit union customers (AUM < $30B);
● Aggregating and collecting requirements from customers and craft the business case for investments in digital banking transformation;
● Supporting Backbase's goal of building digital banking leadership;
● Other activities as required to fulfill the business objectives.
In order to really own this role, we think you’ll need:
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience;
● 8-10+ years experience in a quota carrying role;
● Track record of exceeding quota;
● 5+ years experience in digital banking;
● Ability to reverse engineer business objectives to reach your goals;
● Eagerness to figure out tough problems for your customers.
Craft the future of digital banking at Backbase
We're not just creating the best online & mobile banking experiences, we're pioneering them. Imagine a global, high-energy, diverse (45+ nationalities!) team where agility thrives and innovation reigns. That's Backbase.
Here's what makes us different:
Empowering Growth: Learn from the best with dedicated learning time and work alongside industry specialists.
Playful Innovation: We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Fun is an essential ingredient in our success.
Authenticity Matters: Be yourself, express yourself. We value open communication and diverse perspectives. ️
Join us and turn your career into a journey, not just a job.