Senior Mobile QA Engineer
The Backbase Mobile Banking Apps offer banking app solutions to millions of people around the world. As a Mobile QA Engineer you make sure that the consolidated mobile apps are performing optimally on both the Android and iOS platforms. As an individual QA contributor within one of our development teams, you implement the test strategy and our toolset according to the QA Guild guidelines and perform a key role in the continuous delivery of our world-leading digital banking solution to mobile devices.
What you'll do
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
● Developing, enhancing and executing tests for both Android and iOS platforms;
● Developing and maintaining mobile test automation with Espresso for Android and XCTest for iOS;
● Executing non-functional testing (e.g. performance and accessibility);
● Promoting quality assurance in your team by owning the testing process and making quality an important deliverable;
● Participating in the team by refining and estimating user stories, planning sprints, daily stand-ups and retrospectives;
● Meeting with the QA Chapter team to share and experiment with new QA standards and techniques.
Who you are
● You have experience writing test scripts capturing all the scenarios which resources-constrained mobile devices may bring;
● You have hands-on mobile automation testing experience; Espresso & XCTest is preferred, alternatively Appium or SeeTest;
● You understand the SDLC process and its application with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins and GoCD);
● You have an understanding of exploratory testing and when to apply it;
● You have a proactive approach allowing you to be self-providing and quick learning, in order to mitigate impediments;
● You have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
Loud and busy sometimes but always friendly, helpful, and super fun. We love to celebrate each other’s achievements, share jokes, and our love for food, movies, traveling, and sports. We’re one big and diverse family working towards the same goal.
Free, healthy lunches every day. Plus snacks and drinks.
Friday parties every month. Office boat you can use with your team.
Discounted gym membership through our corporate fitness plan.
Specific budget for your personal development.
You can wear clothes you feel comfortable in.
High spec equipment
We provide all employees with high-spec Macs and tech set up.