Principal QA Engineer
We are looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer to strengthen and coach our team. As a QA Engineer, you focus on all aspects of quality, using your devops skills to implement repeatable processes with the objective of painless and continuous delivery. Within the QA Chapter you help drive the roadmap to continually improve our quality processes.
Your automation game is strong. In your role as Principal QA Engineer, you are a sounding board for your peers, coaching both Developers and QA Engineers to understand and adopt best practices in test automation. You are a clear communicator and can explain technical topics, issues and questions to various audiences in a clear and concise way.
You know what motivates your peers and like to share the vision, while driving your QA goals in an iterative and agile way. Hands-on automation testing (writing scripts, implementing test suites, building pipelines) is a significant part of your job.
What you'll do
● Automating everything is our aim and CI/CD is our game. As a QA Automation Engineer, you play a key role in improving and innovating our QA automation processes to support the delivery of our product, as we work towards Continuous Delivery.
● You support and coach your peers in the QA Chapter, through workshops, documentation, and pair programming.
● You continually drive innovation, creating a vision for automation across all the products and finding solutions to QA automation challenges that scale well and are sustainable.
● You are one of the key drivers for the QA innovation backlog and planning, and set objectives for the QA Chapter to Shift-Left and work towards higher quality and independent releases.
● As we are a scaled Agile product organisation, we want to establish tight feedback loops in every process. For you that means you need to hone your personal leadership skills continually.
Who you are
● You have a deep-seated passion for QA and automation;
● Strong professional experience testing the Angular 2+ framework using Playwright with Typescript;
● Strong professional experience testing API endpoints using REST Assured, Java and Postman;
● Containerisation and cloud deployments is your bread and butter;
● You have strong technical devops skills, you have experience working with shell/bash scripting and Python programming experience;
● Strong experience and understanding of levering Jenkins for CI/CD and knowledge with Jenkins Shared Library;
● Experienced in testing frameworks, SDKs, toolkits, and lower-level software constructs;
● You have a rich experience in techniques like Domain-driven design and Lean;
● You are curious about new technologies and eager to continuously improve;
● Excellent interpersonal skills, able to bring a vision across and get commitment to move everyone along;
● Natural drive to communicate (listen) with others to bring the common work processes to a higher level.