1. Who are we?
Backbase is Backbase BV, Jacob Bontiusplaats 9, 1018 LL Amsterdam, the Netherlands, registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under no. 34192943 which can also include an affiliated Backbase entity (“Backbase" or “we”). Backbase is the data controller and determines the purposes and means of the processing of the personal data collected from you.
2. What personal data do we collect?
When you register for the Event we collect the following personal data:
- Your Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Company Name
- Job Title
- Line of Business
- Attendee Type (Backbase employee/ Customer/ Prospect/ Partner/Other)
During the Event, Backbase will make recordings, take photographs and/or make screenshots of online sessions. For instance, if you actively participate in a Q and A session, we may create a record of your interaction. A record and photograph will contain your image and may contain the submission that you make to the Q and A.
3. How do we use it and what is our processing ground?
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To register you as an Event attendee.
- To provide information before, during and after the Event relevant to your attendance by e-mail or telephone. For example, we may send you an email recapping the Event.
- We may use your photograph and a record of you during the Event for internal business purposes and external marketing purposes e.g., for the purpose of reporting about the Event on our website or social media channels.
- With your explicit consent, Backbase may share your personal data with third parties, like suppliers, partners and/or sponsors of the Event.
Our associated processing grounds are our contractual obligation towards you as an attendee of the Event, our legitimate interest in reporting on the Event as part of our marketing communications and your consent.
4. Your privacy rights
Depending on the reason for processing your personal data and applicable laws, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data:
- Access: You have the right to request copies of the personal data we process about you. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties.
- Rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any personal data we process that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data.
- Restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data if you believe the personal data is inaccurate; if your personal data has been unlawfully processed; if we no longer need your personal data but you want us to keep it for use in a legal claim; or if you have objected to our processing your personal data our legitimate interests.
- Object to processing: You have the right to object to our processing your personal data for our own legitimate interests, including marketing communications. However, you cannot object to our processing your personal data if we are legally required to do so or if it is necessary to fulfill a contract with you.
- Data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer your personal data that we process by automated means to you or to another company, where this is technically feasible.
You can exercise the above rights by email to [email protected]. Backbase will do its best to address your request in time. We may charge you a small fee for this.
Please note that Backbase will need to keep your personal data where required by applicable law and during the relevant statutes of limitations, even if you ask for its deletion. Backbase will not delete your personal data where it refers to an active relationship or a product or service explicitly requested by you (e.g. a recent purchase made for Backbase Services). We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
5. How long we keep your personal data
Jacob Bontiusplaats 9, Unit 504,
1018 LL, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
You may also contact the supervisory authority competent for your country or region directly. For the Netherlands, this is the Dutch Data Protection Authority (“Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens”): https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/.