Vietnam’s Übank the first digital bank in APAC to accelerate transformation with Backbase-as-a-Service
Übank, Vietnam’s digital bank powered by VPBank, has successfully partnered with Backbase – global engagement banking platform leader – leveraging their Backbase-as-a-Service (BaaS) managed cloud service for its Engagement Banking Platform to enhance the bank’s mobile banking experiences and offerings, with the latest release of nearly 50 new features in just one month.
Übank is the first digital bank in Asia Pacific (APAC) to leverage Backbase-as-a-Service, using its Retail Banking functionalities for the bank’s digital banking app. Übank strives to be the first digital-only bank in Vietnam that provides a full range of retail banking products via its Übank mobile application. Together with Backbase, Übank’s ambition is to increase its customer base to more than 5 million by 2025.
To name a few key offerings available as a result through the mobile app upgrade:
- +3.6% interest rate on Üsuper spending account – no need to open a separate term deposit or savings account, money is instantly available for spending. +3.6% is automatically awarded for every VND which is on Üsuper account for more than 1 month
- Unlimited Cashback up to 1% for all spending on Übank MasterCard
- Loans up to 6 month salary instantly available 24/7 for Übank payroll account customers. No need for additional documents, applications, discussions with bank officers. Loan limit is awarded fully automatically, just 3 clicks under 1 minute and money is on Üsuper account
- With help of Übank instant card box, Übank can be opened anytime, anywhere in less than 5 minutes including activated and fully functional international MasterCard debit card
- Cash service available in all branches of VPBank as well as 24/7 in over 200 cash deposit machines of VPBank
As digitally savvy consumers grow increasingly comfortable with the contextualised and personalised experiences that big technology firms provide, consumers are turning to fintech companies, neobanks or mobile-only newcomers for their financial needs.
In a new study conducted by Forrester Consulting, commissioned by Backbase, 54% of Vietnamese banking consumers say it’s critical for their bank to provide them with digital money management tools. Yet 28% of banking decision-makers said their organisation had ‘no interest in’ or was ‘removing’ its digital banking offering. What’s concerning is that 74% of Vietnamese banks are unsure of how to partner with fintechs.
This presents a huge opportunity for disruptors and banks like Übank to gain a first-mover advantage.
With Backbase’s innovative Backbase-as-a-Service offering, Übank is well-poised to increase its market share in Vietnam’s burgeoning digital banking landscape, with mobile transactions expected to see a 300% increase by 2025. The collaboration will also allow Übank to get a 360-degree view of its customer banking behaviours to deliver services that matter, as well as hyperpersonalised, engaging and contextualised experiences that seamlessly connect across multiple touchpoints in their everyday lives. From the collaboration with Backbase, Übank can offer decisive advantages to Vietnamese mass and upper mass customers.
About Übank by VPBank
Übank by VPBank is the digital bank application with the mission “Bank less. Get more.” – aiming at providing all banking products and services conveniently through one mobile application. Hence, customers can reduce lengthy procedures and enjoy more benefits at their fingertips: automatic high-yield saving account, unlimited cashback, zero-fee services, instant loan, etc. To know more about Übank, please visit: https://ubank.vn/